What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southern Tier Oat

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389763365.880462.jpg

First drink - damn that was hot... Looked at the bottle...IMPERIAL stout....guess I should've looked at it. Good, but the alcohol kick surprised me.

I agree. What a crybaby. Why as a brewer would you give a sh-+ unless you are that guy that needs everyone to like him, not unlike certain ones I know. And personally I still think DFH is total trash.

I must admit that my knowledge is that of a dwarf amongst giants here, as far as craft brews. I'm just getting into home brews and expanding my very pedestrian life experiences with beer styles. That being said, I respect what Sam from Dogfish was trying to say. Palates vary and personal opinions are subjective. I did try one of those "ancient" concoctions from Dogfish at Christmas...something with grape must, I think...an it was, IN MY OPINION, nasty. I'm hoping I find something they make that I like though...the bottles are great for home brew use! I'm planning a batch of hefewiesse for a friend that dives and finds megalodon teeth. I think he'll like the bottles with the sharks on them ...especially when I make custom labels for "Mega-Wiesse" Great Wheat!

Sent from my HTCONE using Home Brew mobile app

Carb test(I know its not carbed yet but Im drunk so chexking anyway) on my Vida Obscura Midnight Wheat sour stout. Bulk aged for about a year.., damn tasty

Might investigate, but I believe it's pasteurized.

Just dumped one out on a plate for the sake of knowing. I should do some slants to be sure but I am thinking there isn't too much in here that makes me believe it has anything viable.

Now, I do know my Juliet-harvested bugs are working like a boss! :rockin:

Having a couple fresh fried apple fritters from local bakery with a tall glass of unpasturized whole milk that was in a cow yesterday :D

Definitely coffee, Stevia in the Raw, and Half 'n' Half. The big pottery mug...my favorite for 25+ years. (Juggtown Pottery, Seagrove, NC)

1389789133367.jpg

Having some coffee, trying to calm myself after my boss, who has the tact of a rhino in a china shop, said something about my family being Nazis (I am German and was telling a coworker that it is difficult to find records on my mother's side before 1810 in Germany).

This may seem silly to some people, but it is something that bothers me a lot because we had family members sent off for speaking against Hitler and my grandmother's family was always a little worried that the bit of Jewish blood they had would be found out eventually (never was). The only fight I got in during high school was because of this. It irks me so much when I hear him make jokes like "we need a final solution to this problem" when we have an issue (followed by a knowing grin).

Alright, sorry about the b!tchfest.

Almost seems like a admin notification.

If you go into settings, you can turn those notifications off ...

Having some coffee, trying to calm myself after my boss, who has the tact of a rhino in a china shop, said something about my family being Nazis (I am German and was telling a coworker that it is difficult to find records on my mother's side before 1810 in Germany).

This may seem silly to some people, but it is something that bothers me a lot because we had family members sent off for speaking against Hitler and my grandmother's family was always a little worried that the bit of Jewish blood they had would be found out eventually (never was). The only fight I got in during high school was because of this. It irks me so much when I hear him make jokes like "we need a final solution to this problem" when we have an issue (followed by a knowing grin).

Alright, sorry about the b!tchfest.

No worries - I'd have a similar rant were I in your shoes!

RDWHAHB, Mr. Scrummaster.

Says the guy who works from home and smacks HBs all day to the guy who is traveling and 1500 miles away from his own HB...

Googled scrummaster and apparently it is a real thing. Not too far off from my actual role, really.

Hittin the coffee hard today. Large amounts of citrus wine last night have me running a little slow today

Hittin the coffee hard today. Large amounts of citrus wine last night have me running a little slow today

Citrus wine? Hmm.

Hitting the water hard right now. Will hit the beer in a little while. Hope I can make it to the fridge. It's widowmaker squat day. :ban:

Back