Bottled 3 weeks ago...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeD1

Reaction score
I opened one of my brews and when i cracked the top A LOT of air came out of the top...is that just because it has not absorbed down into the beer yet or is it a problem?

alright i'll give it a shot, thanks...btw i poured it and there is plenty of carbonation in it and it tastes really good! i'm excited...this was my first batch.

What's really satisfying is drinking a beer you've made while making the next batch. I usually drink a couple as a bottling ritual.

Yeah once it's cold, you're going to be extra pleased :D

I had one from my first batch last night that I bottled a few weeks ago and it was awesome.

This weekend I bottle batch #2 and hopefully boil up my first batch using real grains and hops and not just pre-hopped extracts. Very exciting and satisfying!

I almost always drink beer that is luke warm. Allows me to fully appreciate all of the different flavor intricacies. Cold just kills the palate ;) but I do chill my HB's for at least 4 hours before I even think of opening one. Its usually overnight chill....out of the fridge for an hour...open and enjoy.

Back