Racking to keg for secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjunky

Reaction score
Im trying something new that I seen a guy do on this forum before.

I have a 10 gallon corny keg that I bought last year.

I made a batch of cream of 3 crops using the Rubber maid Brute Garbage can as my primary as done in the new BYO issue.

Anyone doing 10 gallon or more batches I recommend using one of these if money is an issue for a fermenter. It worked great so far for me.

I enede up racking my beer to the 10 gallon corny after hitting my S.G and I installed a pressure relief valve with a pressure gauge to the gas in of the corny. Its been in their for one day and the pressure is at over 20 PSI.

Beer smith says that at 68 I need 26 psi to carbonate to 2.4 volumes. Once I hit 26 I will back set the relief valve to open at that pressure.

I'm hoping that this will decrease my grain to glass time. Also interested to see how the beer comes out .

Its just a T with a gauge on one end a hose going to a gas QD on the other and a 1/4 relief valve that I obtain online.

I think next time I do this I will cut the dip tube back 1/2 inch. either that or let the beer fermnet out more in the primary.

I had a lot of yeast in the keg and the pick up tube was picking it all up. I needed to filter the beer out into two 5 gallon kegs with my filter. Now the beer is brite.

I read people complaining about their whits being to brite a way of fixing that just rack to the keg after 4-5 days. Im sure you would pick up enough yeast to keep the beer true to style

Latest posts

Back