Bottling Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfbayne

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Pineapple Wine
SG: 1.040
FG: 1.000
Aged 5 months before bottling. Now we will give it a little more time to condition in the bottle. This is going to make a great sipping/snacking wine for a Spring weekend in TX!

Sad that the wine is clearer than the wine glass!

Pineapple Wine.jpg

and for me as well
white grapes from Michigan pressed in October 2011, just a tick below 11% ABV

03102012108.jpg

Would you share your recipe for the pineapple wine? It sure does look and sound good!

Pineapple Wine (3 gallons)

9 pounds crushed pineapples (use a straining bag...cuts the pulp/sediment down)
3 gallons Spring Water
5 pounds sugar
1 TSP Acid Blend
1/2 TSP Tannin
2 crushed campden
1 pkg Yeast (Lalvin 71B-1122)

SG: 1.040

**with the strainer bag, you have to stir/squeeze to get the juice out every day and check the SG. Usually after 7 days in primary your SG should be there**

I racked this 3 different times over the 5 months. Once after the primary and two other to degas. Be aware this thing degasses like a volcano. If you have a drill attachment I would not use it on this...go old school spoon!

After 3rd racking I moved it to a cooler area in the house to help with the clarity.

FG: 1.000

On a side note, I thought about adding dried coconut shavings into a couple of bottles just to see if I could make a pina colada wine. So if you do this...let me know how it would have turned out.
Hope this helps you guys with this recipe. Enjoy!

I dig the recipe but the sg is alittle low for my taste, I suppose I could just add some more sugar...

I guess you could use either. I used fresh, but not the cores, and crush it with a hand held mixing thing.

I would just suggest you get the unsweeted, non syrup kind if you get the canned version. The problem with using the canned, you need to look at the ingredients to make sure there are no perservatives that would inhibit the yeast from working.

So excited! I started some pineapple wine today following the recipe pretty close. Will add the yeast in the morning.

Back