Semi AFK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got all the parts for my new machine the other day and got it mostly assembled at work yesterday. I still need to be home for the monitor today and will be (if I can stay awake long enuff) installing the OS tonight and getting the kinks worked out of it so if you dont see me online for a couple days you know why.

HOPEFULLY when I do fire it up tonight it starts up without a hitch but . . . I dunno how well my luck will take care of me today . . . after this 48 hour shift I'm just coming off of I think my kharma (if there is such a thing) kinda owes me 1 or 3

I'm about due for a new motherboard and cpus, my ABIT dual Celeron is getting dated. The new video card is whining about the bus being too slow and I had to buy that because my monitor died and the old card couldn't drive the wide replacement.

After 35 years, I'm still amazed when I fire a new system up & it works.

I love building PCs. It's gotten really simple anymore, though: no more switches on the mobos to mess with processor speeds, no more impossibly-difficult-to-install heatsinks, etc. I'm typing this from a box powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo (2.16 GHz) with 2 gigs of RAM and a GeForce 7600GT that I put together (I'm at work). The video card probably wasn't really a necessity for a software developer, but it makes lunch breaks fun. :)

Anyway, good luck Pumbaa! May your thermal grease be evenly spread.

Back