Integrated Kitchen Brewery/Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great thread! I think you have gotten a lot of good advice regarding finding the "integrated kitchen spot" compromise. I agree that spending a lot of time on GW can make you think anything but built in/paneled appliances is low end.

I don't know what your local building codes are like, but in many juridictions there is no way they would allow the duplex receptacle nor the control panel to be mounted close to the sink like that.

A lot of jurisdictions now require receptacles within a certain distance of water (ie sink) to be on their own GFCI *breaker*.

I don't know what they would say about the control panel. An inspector would probably have you relocate it.

I would have relocated the plug above the sink.

brewman ! said:
I don't know what your local building codes are like, but in many juridictions there is no way they would allow the duplex receptacle nor the control panel to be mounted close to the sink like that.

A lot of jurisdictions now require receptacles within a certain distance of water (ie sink) to be on their own GFCI *breaker*.

I don't know what they would say about the control panel. An inspector would probably have you relocate it.

National standards, at least as of about 5 years ago, require that all kitchen and bath outlets be either a gfci outlet, or a slave of one. Therefore the outlets by the sink must simply be on the same circuit as a gfci outlet.

brewman ! said:

Thanks, and I already thought of this. The duplex by the sink is already GFCI.

The control box in its entirety is mounted on 12+ feet of wiring so if I ever need to relocate it, easy. However, even with lots of splashing I haven't even got a drop of water on it.

image-442229273.jpg
image-4009948011.jpg
image-1836469316.jpg

DONE and DONE! Name plate attached. I kept the Kal hop for a shout out to his website.

Only a few steps left to finish this room off.

Look forward to seeing how you mount your taps in the PVC. Copied from somewhere here? I like the concept with built in capacity for push/pull fans (I assume).

Wow! I sure missed out on this from the get go, but it was fun reading it and seeing it come together all at once. Beautiful build. Oddly, I think the reclaimed wood walls is one of my favorite parts.

501irishred said:
Look forward to seeing how you mount your taps in the PVC. Copied from somewhere here? I like the concept with built in capacity for push/pull fans (I assume).

I don't read this site too often, and don't remember any other home built pass through, but I'm sure it's been done before. I wasn't planning on using PVC, I was going to use 4inch mild steel, but it was just too heavy. I will figure out the cooling next, I'm not worried about it, I built a nice T style 4 tap while back and cooled it fine with 1 fan.

image-4287659723.jpg

image-3326922392.jpg

Done and done! For tower cooling I'm using 3 different CPU fans, I have about 200CFM combined that keeps all the air circulation at the perfect temperature. One fan near the bottom is always on, and the tower fans are switched so that I'm not cooling the tower 24/7 -- That isn't needed.

Stumbled on this thread while searching for a DIY draft tower. Phenomenal build. Phenomenal. :rockin:

Just stumbled across this. Pretty amazing stuff you did here. I love the dedication and pictures from start to finish. Good job! :mug:

Back