Kitchen Aid Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcreveli

Reaction score
Is the Kitchen Aid Grain mill attachment for the KA stand mixers any good for crushing grains for brewing? I though it might be a good compromise device for both brewing and baking.

If you scroll way to the bottom of the page you should see a number of other threads that should help you decide. There seems to be differing opinions.

It's use for making flour... I wouldn't buy it just to try it. It might pulverize your grains. It says it can do coarse grinds, but who knows what that means?

I have one; I would never use it for beer grains. It does fine flour. And I broke my mixer once, so I'm not certain it's up to the job.

You want something more akin to a "corn grinder".

I bought one of those Corona grain mill clones and use it with a hefty drill instead of the handle. While it's no Monster Mill, it works great for batch sparging in a cooler and grinds fast. My efficiency is now consistent in the 75%-80% range, unlike the store grind.

Plenty of threads on the topic....

Back