So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing up a simple recipe to get my water figured out, either tonight or tomorrow. Playing with using Distilled water, & adding some salts back. My city water sucks.

(For 3 gallons)

-8lbs: 2-row
-.5lbs: Crystal 10L

(Mash at 152, add 1tsp Calcium Chloride, 2tsp Gypsum)

-.75oz: Chinook @ 60
-1.25oz: Chinook @ Flameout
-1oz: Chinook - Dryhop

Brewing up my first attempt at AG Janet's Brown from BCS today.

Prepare to fall in love.

I'm really craving low alcohol beer these days. I really hate getting a buzz after only one beer, so I'm going to do 10 gallons of Centennial Blonde. It's been a while since I brewed it, and if I remember it was pretty great.

Yoopers Marzen 5 gal AG. Making the starter today (a doubled 2L starter) ... First brew with my new ugly Victoria mill . Wish me luck!

Just brewed 5 gallons of Porter yesterday! Can't wait for this to be done as the cold weather rolls in.

Colder weather means Kolsch time. Brewing one tomorrow or Sunday. Now that I have my temp controlled fridge, I guess any time is Kolsch or lager time.

Then need to get a barley crusher/monster mill so I can get started on some new all grain recipes.

Brewed 5 gal of Janet's Brown Ale this past Monday, and I'm brewing 5 gallons of cream stout tomorrow.

Now that it's stopped raining long enough for the yard to dry I should probably be out mowing... but I have priorities, dammit.

Now that it's stopped raining long enough for the yard to dry I should probably be out mowing... but I have priorities, dammit.

At least the grass is still growing for you. I swapped mower for snowblower 3 weeks ago. Luckily haven't had to fire up Ol' Red yet.

Brewing my Coconut Porter on sunday. Also placing the peach mead in a bottle for about 6 months to pray that it calms down.

I'm not brewing this weekend, but I am racking my Navigator IPA to a clarifying tank and dry-hopping it. It's waiting patiently in the fermentation fridge as I post this:

NavigatorIPA-11-2011-SMALL.jpg

I'll be brewing 10 gallons of an all Summit hopped Pale Ale, this Saturday. I'll be teaching 4 or 5 people how to brew that day as well.

Bottling an oatmeal stout and brewing a 6% version of arrogant bastard tomorrow.

Next week Garret Oliver is visiting work to brew something with us!

Brewed a mint chocolate stout that i found in the recipe section, did a half batch and somehow overshot my gravity by a lot, but i guess such is life. We'll see what happens in a week.

I'll be brewing a black IIPA, assuming my starter stops throwing all the yeast out of the top of the jar.

I'll be dry hopping...well not till next weekend, but I had to share my new shipment :)

ForumRunner_20111104_182903.jpg

I have a terribly old kit, like around a year, that I'm going to brew this weekend. Now that I am back to brewing I need to fill my pipeline anyway and it would be a waste to toss it. Worse case the yeast fails and I have to go get another to kick start it but more likely it will just be weak since everything is so old. Oh well beer is beer and any chance to brew is practice. :)

Brewing a favorite oatmeal stout recipe tomorrow, and teaching a friend on the national holiday! :mug:

Time-crunched this weekend so
I'm doing an extract batch - Revvy's Haus Amber recipe.

I am planning on trying out Ed Wort's robust porter recipe. Probably not until Monday or Tuesday, though. I am currently laid off and it seems to be easier to brew during the week when 2 of my 3 kids are in school.

Brewing a 6gal batch of Pecan Brown Porter.

Using 6-8oz of home-roasted pecans. Just in time for Xmas.

Just took a 1st FG on my wife's summer ale,got a 1.012,so it's getting close. Have to take another FG on my Burton ale tomorrow to see how much lower than 1.020 it's gotten.

Damn it.. all my fermenters are full!! Price to pay for a bigger brew pot... Need to go to LHBS and buy more... Then I will need more kegs... LOL my spending never ends.

I'm thinking I should def get a repeat going here after the Burton ale gets racked to the ol' bottling bucket. BuckIPAv2...

I am. Returning to brewing after a long absence. Posted a thread about trying an extract based Double Black IPA or Black Double IPA or whatever in both the Extract and Beginner forums. Cheers! Go Huskies, beat the Ducks!

Back