Convert 575SS to 525SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
I have 4 575SS faucets. For various reasons I want to convert one of them back in to a 525SS. Is it possible? or is the base of the faucet different? It seems that I should be able to do it with a Handle Lever Assembly and a Bearing Cup (part #s 40193-1 & 67018-1). Anyone know?

Why spend money on buying stuff to convert a 575 to 525 when you can sell the 575 and buy a new 525 with that money?

Why spend money on buying stuff to convert a 575 to 525 when you can sell the 575 and buy a new 525 with that money?

Once you take the shipping etc it would seem that if I could get that one paryt and convert it would be cheaper.

I've taken a look at both my 525 and my 575 faucets, and it seems that the 575 does everything the 525 does (i.e., pours beer normally), but with the added functionality of being able to push back on the handle for the "creamer" feature. All this does is move a piston, which exposes a fine grate that causes the foaming. If you don't push back on the handle, no foaming, normal pour.

If this doesn't help, may I ask what your motivation is for wanting to "convert" to a 525?

So I have 4 of the 575SSs. My wife can't seem to ever figure out how to center the handle and keeps wanting to push it backwards. She only uses my seltzer tap so I was just going to convert it into a 525SS so she can't push it back any more.

I'll trade you three of my 525 lever assemblies for the 575 handles.
I'm just up in Irondequoit.
Rochester Store Fixtures also has the best prices on the 525 faucets that I've seen if you want new or parts.
http://www.rochesterstorefixture.com/

I was just looking to do one of them. And I actually wanted to keep all the parts to go back if I wanted.

Can you pull the post out and turn it 180?

I'm trying to do the opposite and looking at putting the guts of a 575 into a 525 so I don't have to pull the whole faucet out to replace. Would this work?

Can you pull the post out and turn it 180?

Just tried this and while it looks like you could, it just leaks.

I'm trying to do the opposite and looking at putting the guts of a 575 into a 525 so I don't have to pull the whole faucet out to replace. Would this work?

I just swapped the stem of a 575 creamer into the body of a 525 and it works. This is great because the "P" logo on the 525 and 575 were slightly different (I have 4 in a row). Now I can use the 575 body with the 525 guts directly on a keg and have a creamer on the fridge with all the bodies looking the same.

Back