Sneaky strong one. critique please.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deebee

Reaction score
well even though i told the wife that i ould not b making another batch before Christmas i am already planning on what to do next ( likely a short brew length of something stronger to be made in November!)

Here is the idea and i would like youre thoughts on this. Beersmith is great at telling you al you need to know about a recipe.... apart from how it will taste!!

So here we are.

3000 Pale malt
195 g flaked wheat ( or torrified wheat if this is better)
140 crystal ( medium)

hops

20 grams of either Norther brewer or Northdown (8.5%) for 60 minutes.
10 grams bobek ( not sure on the AA until i buy some more) for 15 minutes
10 grams challenger ( 7.5%) for 15 minutes.

protofloc of course and i am thinking something like a sachet of either esb or London ale from wyeast.

that being said the Og could be too high if i get a decent efficiency so what would the more experienced members of this board suggest.
this is enough for 4 gallons according to the packet and seeing as this is way below 4 US gallons it shoud be ok just to pitch i assume.

this recipe would give the following based on 65 % effiency.

if i get more then i'll just water it down a little.
estimated OG 1068
Colour 9.5
IBU 49

this is again mid scale forthe ibu range-

What are peoples thoughts in general. i though this might be a decent recipe to be made in say end of november and to start drinking in the coldest part of the year.... jan and feb.

thoughts please?

thanks as always.:ban::ban:

Back