Infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMJ

Reaction score
My first infection Thankfully its only half of the 10 gallon batch
IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

The other 5 gallons is fine
IMG_0950.jpg

Should I rack out from under it and hope for the best?

IS this a dry hop in secondary?

I've had beers look like that when I dry hopped...the hop oil forms a skim on top which traps the co2 bubbles....

But yeah, either way, rack under and taste it....it may be fine...

IS this a dry hop in secondary?

I've had beers look like that when I dry hopped...the hop oil forms a skim on top which traps the co2 bubbles....

But yeah, either way, rack under and taste it....it may be fine...

Its primary been in there 2 weeks. No dry hop

so I didnt have any time yesterday and racked out from under the infection today. I took a gravity sample and it was right where I wanted it to be and it tasted pretty fantastic for being only 2 weeks from brew day. So heres hoping I got lucky

so I didnt have any time yesterday and racked out from under the infection today. I took a gravity sample and it was right where I wanted it to be and it tasted pretty fantastic for being only 2 weeks from brew day. So heres hoping I got lucky

I'm usually not a pessimist, but that really likes like a pellicle to me. So, drink it fast before it goes sour on you. I really think it's not salvageable, unless you like sour beers.

Latest posts

Back