urgent help please - sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballistic

Reaction score
How much sugar per 2 litre plastic bttles for carbonation? Sorry about this but I've got everything sterilised, my siphon rigged and water everywhere.v:drunk:

Im planning on adding half a teaspoon per 2 litre - how does that sound? Dont want em ex;ploding?

3/4 cup per 5 gallons into a bucket, mix gently (or better still make sugar solution and rack onto it.), siphon into 2 liter bottles.

Issue resolved.

Planet still rotates and the towels for the water are in the top left cabinet.

Thanks all - I am having a night mare. Ive always drunk straight out of a pressure barrel before and Im sure if I'd started brewing including bottling - I would never have taken the hobby any further. I think this really is a two man job. The pipe keeps sliding out the bucket - there's water everywhere, beer everwhere - Ive wasted so much, and although I started dunking the siphon tube (which is too short) to fill it up, I gave up when I lost my temper and started taking mouthfulls of sanitiser, beer, water and you name it.

An auto-siphon can work wonders, and maybe a bottling wand (are you not using one?).

Theres a stick bit on the end of the syphon tube but its too short and it keeps coming up above the beer. Im going to wait for someone to give me a hand. I think what made it so annoying was trying to keep everything sterile and not spill water on my MDF floor which may crack if it expands, and failing miserably.

Actually... I was having a bad day that day... but it's pretty much cleared in the airing cupboard and I can feel the pressure through the plastic bottles if you know what I mean. By the looks of it, my flooded kitchen and frustration will have all been worth it.

Latest posts

Back