Bottled First Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdowns63

Reaction score
Phew....!!!! My first batch (Frog 'n' Hound Pub Ale Clone) is in bottles and I've confirmed for myself what most of you have said about bottling. It's a big hassle and pretty messy. I wasted too much beer for my liking with no auto-siphon and a leaky bottling wand, but all in all I felt like it went ok, I ended up with 37 bottles and I'll definitely know what to have on hand for next time.

My second batch (Hoegaarden clone) is ready to rack into the secondary and tasting pretty good so far from the samples I've taken.

So anyway, thank you everyone at HBT for all the help getting me started and encouraging me to RDWHAHB. :mug:

Congrats. Glad to hear you're on the right track. It'll only get easier. I'm not familiar with Frog n Hound but good luck. This is a great forum and has helped me out a bunch. Keep us posted on the details.

WOOHOO! :mug: Congrads!!

I bottled and brewed today...kinda hardcore but it gets easier

Next time put a couple inches of tubing on the spigot of your bottling bucket and put that on your bottling wand...makes things easier

Now get to brewing!

Wooo, grats on the bottling! It will be great, don't worry, when those tops go pop, the smile on your face...

Great!

Back