Tower stopped delivering beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
So I have a 2 tap tower for 2 years now and this is the second time I come across this problem. The first time was about a month ago on tap #2. All of a sudden it would not deliver the beer when the tap was pulled down. I thought I fixed it by untying the rubber band that was holding tap #2 tubing.

A few minutes ago I tried to pull from tap #1 that was working 30 mins ago and now all of a sudden it nothing. Just as a side note I typically sugar carb my kegs and keep them connected but only pump them up with gas as needed. Keg #1 has enough co2 and has been in use for over a week. I disconnected / reconnected gas line from keg #1.

Please offer some insights to the cause and offer some troubleshooting steps. Regulator is showing that there is plenty of gas inside and I bled some gas and added more without success. My gas supply is good, what is intermittently wrong with the lines?

Please advise!

Make sure your temps aren't to low causing your liquid lines to freeze. A buddy of mine once turned his temp lower on the freezer and froze the keg solid. He was having the same issue you are having.

Temperature was not the issue. Let it sit overnight on its own without doing anything and it started working. I know its something with the lines but cant figure out what.

Kink in the line was my original thought. For this reason I removed the rubber band that was keeping most of the line rounded up.

Maybe it was some Houblomonstres in the line ;)

If you primed your kegs than it is very possible your dip tube screen got clogged w/ trub/debris. Try removing the liquid connect and dip tube to check for clogs.

Yeah, check dip tube for clogs. Check to make sure disconnects are all the way pushed down onto posts. There's more things that can go wrong with the keg and keg connections than the faucets.

FYI - the keg was connected and in use for over a week. It's not trub 100%.

It started working on its own, overnight. I just had a pint and there was no visible debris.

Back