Fruit brew question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoleyBrew

Reaction score
Hi all,
Quick question. I'm new to brewing. My first brew is sitting in the fermenter at the moment. Hopefully a glorious imperial nut brown from the brewers best kit series. Thinking forward to my next beer I'd like to make an end of summer fruit beer.

My question is can I brew this Weizenbier recipe below, rack to the secondary after two weeks onto 10lbs of strawberries and have a possibly great brew?

http://www.brewersbestkits.com/pdf/1030_Weizenbier.pdf

Thanks all,
Robby

I'm wondering what type the hops are? But the BB kits are good,just bottled up my wife's 1st,the BB summer ale. It's said to be a Shock Top clone (Belgian White ale). The orange & lemon zest with spices is nice so far. So I'd rack the weizenbier onto the chopped fruit in secondary for a week or so.
I put together a duel purpose bucket for bottling & secondary. The "beer & wine deluxe primary fermenter" one you see craigtube using. It's about 7G to the top,with US,Imperial,& metric graduations on the side. I got the lid with airlock grommet for the secondary part. Then an Italian spigot with the small red spout (takes 5/16" hose well for bottling wand). The flat handle says "closed" & "open" on it,& the base is fat/lugs to make it easier to get tight with the two seals. But I had to drill my own 1" hole,which I cut near the bottom. It just touches the black line under the logo/text. Makes life easier as a duel purpose vessel when you're trying to minimalize equipment. Not to mention ease of use. Just a little additional food for thought.

Back