What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fireball isn't bad. IMO, it makes a better mixer then a straight shot though.

Since I'm still awake after the booze and the melatonin I guess I should go make myself another drink...

ForumRunner_20131020_203514.jpg

He was the overall winner, Clint! Congrats bro! That's awesome. Congrats to the alchy thread yeast nerd as well, Channel66!
Clint, you have to be crapping your pants in excitement right now

I'm so happy. Except for the broncos losing... that sucks. Thanks guys I love your support! And 100% props to channel.

LoloMT7 said:
I'm so happy. Except for the broncos losing... that sucks. Thanks guys I love your support! And 100% props to channel.

So, how is the yeast thing going to work out? How big is this commercial batch going to be?

So, how is the yeast thing going to work out? How big is this commercial batch going to be?

I can send him a couple of gallons depending on the batch size I might not have to,

if the batch isn't massive he could make a 5 gallon starter and decant as usual, step up accordingly etc. Or he could take his sample of the yeast to the brewery and let them do their thing with it.

Channel66 said:
I can send him a couple of gallons depending on the batch size I might not have to,

if the batch isn't massive he could make a 5 gallon starter and decant as usual, step up accordingly etc. Or he could take his sample of the yeast to the brewery and let them do their thing with it.

Big congrats to you as well.

Congrats again! One day I'll win it all. I got third for my cider in the dixie cup. 2 years in the row. Next year I'll have more to enter. No competition likes my jalapeno/cucumber mead. One day they will.

You make a lot of cool brews gabe I would like to try some one day your going to have to bring some with you next year :ban:

I'm sure I can get you some before then. Looks like I'll need the false bottom and hop strainer for the homebrew system before the nano. ;)

Way to go!

You brewed it mate.

I'm drinking some water, decided to clean my mash tun and kettle and save time tomorrow.

First you talk me into waiting til the am and then you clean up? You bastage!

I'm sure I can get you some before then. Looks like I'll need the false bottom and hop strainer for the homebrew system before the nano. ;)

Way to go!

It's what I do. Make other people look lazy to make myself look less lazy.

It's what I do. Make other people look lazy to make myself look less lazy.

Meh, it will still be there when I wake up in 5 hrs. So will the giant mess I made in the kitchen. Wish I would have got dinner done sooner. Feel bad keeping the mrs up so late when she's got 12 hrs tomorrow. Can't believe I spent 13 hrs playing with beer today.

Went to a pathetic semi-local vineyard for the SIL's birthday (every rich white m'f'er around here thinks they can buy a bunch of land in the country to the west and open a vineyard, and most make absolutely terrible wine, but the other rich white yuppies who also live out there can't tell the difference). Had some of their peach wine (50% peach, 50% grape) that was a diacetyl bomb. Then went to a Biergarten in the nearby actual town, where I had a few .5L's of Weihenstephan Hefe to make up for it. Then got home, bottled my Barleywine with Brett, and drank the last of the dregs. Thinking I'll have a bottle of my Mild while I finish cleaning up, and then go to bed.

Went to a pathetic semi-local vineyard for the SIL's birthday (every rich white m'f'er around here thinks they can buy a bunch of land in the country to the west and open a vineyard, and most make absolutely terrible wine, but the other rich white yuppies who also live out there can't tell the difference. Had some of their peach wine (50% peach, 50% grape) that was a diacetyl bomb. Then went to a Biergarten in the nearby actual town, where I had a few .5L's of Weihenstephan Hefe to make up for it. Then got home, bottled my Barleywine with Brett, and drank the last of the dregs. Thinking I'll have a bottle of my Mild while I finish cleaning up, and then go to bed.
I'm lucky, I guess. When I'm not working and actually make it out of the desert and home for a while, I'm within spitting distance of some very good wineries (around Temecula in California).

But I don't go near them on weekends, when the limo's full of obnoxious young drunks from L.A. and Orange County show up on their wine tasting tours. I don't enjoy watching girls stupidly stumble around, even good looking ones. And I enjoy even less watching their boy friends relieve themselves against fence posts and bus tires, because they can't make it inside to the restrooms in time....

It's becoming a problem.

Alaskan freeride apa and watching the funniest over dramatized show ever "alaska state troopers"

Damn a little wobbly this morning,on the water than Gatorade than apple juice now motha funkin coffee!!! You guys r too much fun

LoloMT7 said:

Congrats dude, that's awesome!!

Airport coffee. Monday and all...

Way to go Clint! Congrats!

Meh, it will still be there when I wake up in 5 hrs. So will the giant mess I made in the kitchen. Wish I would have got dinner done sooner. Feel bad keeping the mrs up so late when she's got 12 hrs tomorrow. Can't believe I spent 13 hrs playing with beer today.

You're making it seem like this is almost a job. ;)

Clint, I'm getting the impression that you won a Homebrew comp using some of Channel's yeast and that the prize is brewing on a commercial sized system? If I'm understanding this correctly, congrats man!!

Edit: Just read the linked page...definiely a congrats Clint!! That's awesome!

Way to go!

Just let me know what you want and what size and will get r dun!

Had bourbon & beer yesterday after bottling the Maori IPA. hope the yeast keeps ahead of the lacto. Seems to be anyway. Havin coffee to get woke up before finishing some clean up.

Latest posts

Back