Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DEPOSITS POSTED
Check your registered email address for complete deposit details!

Went through the sheet and looks like we are good to go. Please send a check to CidahMastah for the following amount ASAP (and before May 19th):

CidahMastah $416.00
JeffB418 $401.00
Racin_NY $189.00
Westo2 $317.00
Copyright1997 $688.00
bellinmi88 $339.00
MPARSONS327 $195.00
t-booneyay $185.00
Strecker25 $197.00
Smashing $95.00
CBK $235.00
Cgondoli1 $204.00
erikrocks $247.00
DBush20 $347.00
gcdowd $135.00
DannSchuler $325.00
wheadman66 $175.00
BryanJ $277.00
jdowling $365.00
TwoGunz $40.00
bierhaus15 $495.00
Rustbucket $92.00
Drmark50 $456.00
brian4508 $176.00

Also the pickup groups page is now unlocked and editable. So you guys can still figure out who is picking up what and when.

Cidah, my check is in the mail!

Wow, I'm at the very bottom of the barrel this time. I need to get brewing and work down my inventory!

I guess it helps the budget that I'm not a hop head like you guys. I've never used Jeff's estimated 6oz in a beer, that's like blasphemy in my brew house

jeffb418 said:
It looks like drmark50 accidently removed your 1lb. I went through the history and it shows him removing it. It most likely was just a mistake, the sheet is so large it can get tricky to see whats going where sometimes.

Everyone check split 11 to make sure they have what they signed up for as well.

Sorry BryanJ - I was making some modifications from my iPhone, which can be tricky. Not sure where that pound went. I ordered a pound so you can have mine. I am really sorry about that.

I see other posts offer you some - but it was my error. So, again, you can have my share if nobody has "extra".

Sorry BryanJ - I was making some modifications from my iPhone, which can be tricky. Not sure where that pound went. I ordered a pound so you can have mine. I am really sorry about that.

I see other posts offer you some - but it was my error. So, again, you can have my share if nobody has "extra".

No problem. I think we have it all figured out. The sheet is a pain to access from iphones and ipads, which is a shame. Not sure why google hasnt come up with a better way or an app.

I have decent luck with my Android phone but it is a little slow. Either way, I just gotta say that this has been a rough week at work so far but all the craziness that went on this week with this order made it enjoyable. You all amaze me at how much stuff you buy. I have the obsession...but most of you trump me :)

I think jcdowling might be willing to let his go, but please ask him. He was willing to take a lb to close, but not sure how badly he wanted the hops. PLease PM him and discuss if you guys haven't worked out a way to get bryan his hops

oop just read the rest - thanks for your sacrafice copyright (and for everyone being cool about it). Glad it got worked out.

I plan on donating my refund. If it is only a small amount will give more at the pick up. Strong work!

Thanks CBK - I ALMOST ordered from them yesterday... then I was like... eff that price man haha (37.50 + $5 shipping for 16 oz?!... [$2.66 an oz for buying a bulk amount] gouging at its best). I sure I will cave later, but for now I have some hops. Hope the Summits give me a new easy drinker for my tap.

Drmark - Thanks for the donation in advance!

Twogunz... we really expect more from you :D

Yeah, BryanJ can have the lb of Columbus I took to fill the order.

It looks like copyright tossed one of his bags over the fence. If you still want the columbus please do take them. Great price, and a great hop. I will let you and copyright discuss, but I am sure he will want to encourage you to keep them and BREW STRONG :D

lol sure. I was looking forward to playing around with them but if someone else was shorting themselves it wasn't a big deal to me :). Copyright, let me know what you want to do.

FYI all - payment status will be kept up to date with my rudimentary system on post #2 of this thread. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for jumping on these payments!

Say what you will about cidahmastah... but he sure pays quickly! :D

Can you repost where to send the check to on Post #2 please. Thanks.

I don't think Cidah wants to publicly post his address.

It's in an email I sent out last night to your gmail account (the one registered to the buy sheet).

I can also PM it to you.

I don't think Cidah wants to publicly post his address.

It's in an email I sent out last night to your gmail account (the one registered to the buy sheet).

I can also PM it to you.

Thanks Jeff - you hit the nail on the head. Would prefer to keep my address available to the local buyers only, not on the interwebs :D

Thanks for understanding.

Hey all - the keg deal with Mparsons fell through. The seller actually tried to upsell him and charge more than he originally promised to sell them for. What a ******.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know the keg deal is off and I am removing the link.

CidahMastah said:
Hey all - the keg deal with Mparsons fell through. The seller actually tried to upsell him and charge more than he originally promised to sell them for. What a ******.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know the keg deal is off and I am removing the link.

Let's report the ****** to the feds for rumors of building canister bombs. Lol! Just kidding- don't do that.....

what a dink. lets go put a flaming bag of poo on his door step.. and ring the doorbell

The guy owns a local business here that my family does alot of business with. Needless to say we won't be going there anymore!

When is syracuse group buy 8 thread going to be open? Hahaha! are hops going to be available for the group buys from here on out?

I don't see that being an issue. I can bring a growler people can stuff tips into if need be.

make the a mason jar for ease of getting the money out haha!

Please do bring the growler though... filled ;)

mparsons - likely we will do hops for each buy, pending how this one goes, and pending interest. I am thinking that we might even do every other buy or something, but we can see how it goes. I seriously doubt I will need 22lbs of hops for every buy!

Just curious, but do any of you guys use these?

I was wondering what for, and if for beer kegs why? Looks to me like the cost for one is $122 + $37.50 conversion kit... That is a lot of bread for one 5g keg. Now if they had keg kits like these for the 15.5 sanke kegs...

Has anyone tried this with a 15.5 sanke? I imagine they would be a bear to clean.

I've got a buddy that kegs 15 gal batches in sankes. I'll ask him about it.

I would sure like to consider something like this for lagering. The grain bill being smaller woudl make for an easier larger mash in my tun. I guess you would have to get a 15 gallon fermenter for the initial period, then after the d-rest you could push it over to a 15.5 gallon keg and lager.

Now I just need a working sanke (insert cost here) with tap that allows ball lock connections like the chi companies kit (37.50).

Thank mparsons

Ah!

Anybody have a sanke for me?! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not hard to get the center post out of a sanke keg, ive done it to 3-4.

This is what I use to ferment my double batches:
photo90.JPG

Works great and i just use PBW and a good soak to make sure its clean. Easy to sanitize too, just throw it on the burner with some water for 20 mins.

I also have 3-4 3 gallon sanke kegs that I used to fill with brew. I use one of these kits to allow me to reinsert the dip tube and serve.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sankey-Keg-...687?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc5617a97

jeffb418 said:
Its not hard to get the center post out of a sanke keg, ive done it to 3-4.

This is what I use to ferment my double batches:

Works great and i just use PBW and a good soak to make sure its clean. Easy to sanitize too, just throw it on the burner with some water for 20 mins.

I also have 3-4 3 gallon sanke kegs that I used to fill with brew. I use one of these kits to allow me to reinsert the dip tube and serve.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sankey-Keg-Kegman-kit-REUSE-Sankey-kegs-Homebrew-/261009537687?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc5617a97

What are you doing at the top? Are you pulling the spear and using a stopper?

jeffb418 said:
Yeah, I pull the dip tube and then use a rubber stopper and an air lock.

I've also seen this product too: http://www.brewershardware.com/Sanke-Fermenter-Kits/

I use a 2 port rubber stopper for racking. Use a tank of CO2 to pressurize and start the flow out the output port.

I use the sanke conversion kit from brewers hardware. Works great. I do the PBW soak and a little elbow grease with an angled brush. I look in with a flashlight to make sure I get it clean. Still a little paranoid about getting it completely clean but have not had an infected batch. I usually repitch a few generations. I have two sankes - one is the insulated type so
cannot sanitize by heating. It holds temp amazingly well.

I don't have a complete keg to try this on - do you think a carboy cap would fit over the sanke opening?

I use a carboy cap. I soaked the cap in boiling water once, then fitted it over the top of the sanke. It's since kept that form--I haven't had to boil it since.

Found new 15.5 kegs for ~$180 shipped.... hmmmmm

There are some used ones on ebay for $100 or less shipped.

Or check scrap yards.

Or buy a 15 gal conical for $500... =) best idea of the bunch

I really wish I got a 15 gal con instead of the 7 gal version. So easy to harvest yeast and transfer beer.

There are some used ones on ebay for $100 or less shipped.

Or check scrap yards.

Or buy a 15 gal conical for $500... =) best idea of the bunch

I really wish I got a 15 gal con instead of the 7 gal version. So easy to harvest yeast and transfer beer.

yeah but one 15g conical for 500, or 2.5 kegs haha.

I am probably not ready to buy yet, but man I would love just two of them. One to try serving and one to rig a yeast harvesting capsule in the bottom. Wish I had the free time to cruise scrap yards....

Will check ebay out though

yeah but one 15g conical for 500, or 2.5 kegs haha.

I am probably not ready to buy yet, but man I would love just two of them. One to try serving and one to rig a yeast harvesting capsule in the bottom. Wish I had the free time to cruise scrap yards....

Will check ebay out though

Post a want-to-buy in the classifieds area. Might find one there too.

Received payments from the following people:

brian4508 $176.00
gcdowd $135.00
jdowling $365.00
DannSchuler $325.00

Thanks!

Back