What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
Not sure what the middle two are, but the wild brew and √225 are both great. I think the bottle shops in VT are better than mine.

Middle ones are beer here - lupulus and Mikkeller - crooked moon tattoo DIPA
What kind of stuff are you looking for?

image-3353583549.jpg

Making wings for a cook out. Drinking a Fat Tire Pumpkick and I just finished bottling my hefe. What a labor intensive project. Not a complaint so much as just not knowing how much work it was. It took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish. :eek:

First crack of this years batch. Porter turned out great. Pumpkin and vanilla is a bit subdued and spices are right where I want them.

View attachment 145681

Man, I want to try that. Sounds amazing.

You guys need new friends.

I think this is a 2010. I'm almost pissed I waited til my buddy could go with me or I'd have 4 more bottles. It's just amazing how this beer matures. Just fantastic. Almost gone, too.

I think mine is the same vintage. No stamp and has the 9% label top right

Middle ones are beer here - lupulus and Mikkeller - crooked moon tattoo DIPA
What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Nothing in particular. I see Ephraim is coming back, I wish it was Abner. I've got a couple growlers with berliner weisse for ya and a BA Sexy Chocolate next weekend.

I think mine is the same vintage. No stamp and has the 9% label top right

Well it's going to improve, but I'm having a hard time not opening another, then going and breaking into my buddy's house to steal the 4 he bought. I texted him and told him that was my plan if he wasn't home, so it's okay right?:D

Re-reading that link I shared, 9% mark and no date is late 2009.

Well nuke I'm right there with you been set up and ready to brew for two hours now. And the other party has yet to show kinda strange when he called me an hour and a half ago and he was getting the grain. Now it is like he vanished and doesnt answer his phone Wtf

Drinking a monkeynaut thanks Malin.

My friend eventually showed up, right after I added the sparge water, as you'll note in the picture below. He gave some lame excuse about having to take care of something with his college work. Loser. ;)

You guys need new friends.

Meh, he's a good guy and I'll give him a benny this time because it was the first time he came over. Next time all bets are off.

I'm actually on my third pint of this, Stauff's White Pepper Rye Saison brewed by me. I was quite busy with brewing making sure that our brew day was a valuable learning experience for him. He wants to come over tomorrow and watch the airlock bubble. Hehe, new brewers are so cute. Just kidding, I still get a kick out of watching an airlock bubble.

CameraZOOM-20130901144356380.jpg

It's all about the funk, nothing but the funk.

This was my first open ferment, shallow stainless steel sink. It was a saison recipe, but it kinda took on a life of it's own. We'll call it sinking ship farmhouse ale.

This is the first bottle I've uncorked since I bottled it last year.
20130901_165845_zps3b5d5beb.jpg

Also, I'm watching goldeneye, while my beef and barley stew with dry Irish stout simmers.

My friend eventually showed up, right after I added the sparge water, as you'll note in the picture below. He gave some lame excuse about having to take care of something with his college work. Loser. ;)

Meh, he's a good guy and I'll give him a benny this time because it was the first time he came over. Next time all bets are off.

I'm actually on my third pint of this, Stauff's White Pepper Rye Saison brewed by me. I was quite busy with brewing making sure that our brew day was a valuable learning experience for him. He wants to come over tomorrow and watch the airlock bubble. Hehe, new brewers are so cute. Just kidding, I still get a kick out of watching an airlock bubble.

Your sight glass is a bit optimistic about how much you can put in your kettle eh?

more HB rise 'N' shine hard root beer bottled :D hope the root beer flavor comes out better from sitting because its not that great right now :(

Your sight glass is a bit optimistic about how much you can put in your kettle eh?

Haha, yeah. That's the length it came when I ordered it and I just never bothered to cut it to size. An unexpected advantage is that when it starts acting up and the wort in the sight glass starts boiling it provides a buffer to keep the sight glass from overflowing.

The Walmart near us over in Avon remodeled part of the store into a larger food dept. Including meats beer,veggies & a bunch of choice Indian cookin stuff I've searched for for so long. gunna try a garahm masala as a dry rub for chicken in the pit. Anyway,I found this one,as well as Yuengling Porter. First time anywhere in this area. so any of you guys within hollerin distance of me get on over to Wallyworld in Avon by rt83. They got a Subway inside that has personal custom pizzas now,as well as the philly cheese steak I'm munchin with this one right now;
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0004_zps8b12359b.jpg.html] [/URL]

mcbaumannerb said:
First crack of this years batch. Porter turned out great. Pumpkin and vanilla is a bit subdued and spices are right where I want them.

Does that mean I can finally open mine? :D

Southampton pumpkin ale. This stuff is good! Why have I not tried this before? I know; it's because I thought of pumpkin beer as a girly beer...

This victory hop devil is spicy/grapefruity I found at Walmart. I got a Hoppin Frog double pumpkin at 8.4% for tomorrow in a bomber Giant Eagle had for $8.99. Fresh from Akron.

Wheat Wine to toast the Washington Huskies, my new favorite team.

TNGabe said:
Nothing in particular. I see Ephraim is coming back, I wish it was Abner. I've got a couple growlers with berliner weisse for ya and a BA Sexy Chocolate next weekend.
Ill see what I can do.

EmeraldTab said:
someone's been hitting up winooski bevy :rockin:
Yeah the best place to go.
Drinking this while drafting for fantasy.

image-2488930675.jpg

Woodchuck Apple Cider. I thought I should give them a plug since my photo entry won 3rd place and they sent me a check for $300 and lots of Woodchuck goods!

Woodchuck Apple Cider. I thought I should give them a plug since my photo entry won 3rd place and they sent me a check for $300 and lots of Woodchuck goods!

What photo? And I enjoy woodchuck as far as cider goes.

Facepalm moment of the day, I told swmbo that I was making beef and barley soup for supper and she asked if I needed her to pick up some barley at the store. :drunk:

I told her no thanks, I'll take some from the several hundred pounds that I keep on hand.

In hindsight I might have been able to get her to pick me up a sack of pils

Latest posts

Back