just got accused

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe this one...

Umbrella_Corporation_logo.png

to be fair enough homebrew can turn you into a zombie.

My brother and nephew were over for a brew day once and my neighbor heard me say something about irish moss. He promptly came over and asked who's brewing beer? Turns out he's a homebrewer as well and gave me a nice sample six pack of his homebrew.:mug:

My brother and nephew were over for a brew day once and my neighbor heard me say something about irish moss. He promptly came over and asked who's brewing beer? Turns out he's a homebrewer as well and gave me a nice sample six pack of his homebrew.:mug:

Awesome.

Is there anything Umbrella corporation doesn't have their hand in? lol That's cool to find out you have a fellow home brewer next door!

A simple "Nope, just brewing some beer." will probably suffice. Unnecessarily poking the bear in this case, no matter how well deserved, may have unforeseen consequences. I agree with the previous post that neutral-to-better relations with neighbors are the important consideration here, if possible. It's becoming more and more strained in this society, but "live and let live" is a good principle to follow. If somebody doesn't, a minimally adequate response is probably best.

man, i can't count the number of times some numbskull has suggested homebrew could blind a guy...

LOL,
the weirdest comment I've heard yet is that "making beer is doing the work of the devil"...:drunk:

I like to let myself be seen unloading this from the car...

I like to open my Hop orders with every new UPS driver, I've also answered the front door once with lbs of hops in clear vacum bags. The lady took a few steps back but never asked nor did I explain just what the green stuff was in bags:p

I once had a tech come out to replace the icemaker in my freezer. While he was working on it , I noticed he kept staring at the shelves on the freezer door. Finally it dawned on me, he was looking at the 2 or 3 lbs of hops wrapped in plastic wrap. I tried to explain" that's really not what you think it is" I said, he just shook his head and said" no need to explain sir, what you keep in your freezer is your business"...it didn't get really awkward, though, til I tried to pay him in fives...

I once had a tech come out to replace the icemaker in my freezer. While he was working on it , I noticed he kept staring at the shelves on the freezer door. Finally it dawned on me, he was looking at the 2 or 3 lbs of hops wrapped in plastic wrap. I tried to explain" that's really not what you think it is" I said, he just shook his head and said" no need to explain sir, what you keep in your freezer is your business"...it didn't get really awkward, though, til I tried to pay him in fives...

hahahaha that's really funny. Great story!

well. satan does love home brewed beer.

Yeah, I have inlaws that think my brewing is E-VIL, too. I get to spend next week camping with them.

I will have my portable kegerator, with a keg of Hefe, and a keg of German Amber Lager, along. "F" `em if they don't like it!

:rockin:

Yeah, I have inlaws that think my brewing is E-VIL, too. I get to spend next week camping with them.

I will have my portable kegerator, with a keg of Hefe, and a keg of German Amber Lager, along. "F" `em if they don't like it!

:rockin:

My father-in-law has a better brewing system than I do.

My family is Mormon, so total teetotalers. That said, they've been pretty cool about it, sometimes even asking questions about how my brews are coming. I have to give them a lot of credit for respecting that.

Why do Mormons have a problem with home brewing?

They don't have a problem homebrewing per se, just with alcohol.

Basically what happened -- and no offense to any Mormons, but this is the history of it as I understand it -- is that when all the early church leaders were sitting around organizing their church in Joseph Smith's upstairs parlor, they'd spit tobacco all over the floor, get drunk, and fill the place up with smoke. Joseph's wife had a major problem with this, so God conveniently informed Joseph that smoking and drinking was now a sin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_of_Wisdom#Origin

Gives whole new meaning to the term SWMBO, eh?

Basically what happened -- and no offense to any Mormons, but this is the history of it as I understand it -- is that when all the early church leaders were sitting around organizing their church in Joseph Smith's upstairs parlor, they'd spit tobacco all over the floor, get drunk, and fill the place up with smoke. Joseph's wife had a major problem with this, so God conveniently informed Joseph that smoking and drinking was now a sin.

I've heard the same. I grew up in a huge Mormon population (North Las Vegas, of all places) and I'm not going to start any religious debates but they just perplexed me on a regular basis.

But it does contribute to some awesome entertainment. Nothing makes you laugh more than hearing a MoMo dropping the F-Bomb for the first time. And nothing shocks you more than seeing one take a shot of tequila our senior year!

Im not trying to start a religious debate either, although as a christian it is interesting that as his first miracle Jesus turned water into wine... now that is called prioritizing.

Still waiting for the neighbors to notice. I may have to move the brewing to the front driveway, instead of back by the detached garage...

Actually, during the summer, that would work better, since it's closer to the house and kegerator...

thats awesome....lol:ban:

Wanna really freak out the neighbors? Paint something like this on all your equipment (BK, MLT, fermenters..)

radiation_warning_symbol_rusty_450.jpg

I had a magnet like that about 18" across that I used to keep stuck on the hood of my car. I thought it was cool like I was running a Mr. Fusion under the hood. The cops did not agree.

hehehe, nice... I grew up Mormon, big family and I couldn't wait to turn 21. :cross:

Episcopalians can sniff out beer and will join you in the party!! Our church (Episcopal) has homebrew contests. We compete with other Episcopal parishes. It is a hoot!!!!

Good to know I'm not the only one with in law problems.

I have inlaw problems too. My mother-in-law loves the white wine I make and my father-in-law is a big fan of my German pilsner. It's a problem keeping up with their production demands.

Glad I read this thread. I have been known to take the low road especially with neighbors but I have to take the brewing to the porch now that I am switching to all grain and I do smoke some trees every now and again so I don't need anyone getting overly suspicious *whistles*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back