Hello from Carroll County, Md

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugLaden

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been brewing since August of 2010. I started with Mr. Beer kits and to this day am making AG batches in Mr. Beer fermenters. I have five (5!) Mr. Beer fermentors that I use to make my AG batches. I like making 2.5 gallon batches because
a) If I don't like the recipe beer I don't have 50+ bottles to drink (although this has never happened)
b) I get tired of a recipe after two cases, so IMO this is the right size for me.

However, there are certain recipes that I really like and want to make more batches of, and I wish in these cases I had a 5-gallon set up. For example, I made my first lager last month - a Maibock - and was blown away by it. If I could make a 10-gallon batch of this I would! So I've started looking for the bits and pieces needed to move slowly to a 5-gal setup.

I've been making AG recipes now for almost a year and am on batch #72. I've got all 5 Mr. Beer fermentors going usually at the same time. I'm currently brewing through the recipes of Brewing Classic Styles and currently have a Maibock, Cream Ale, and a Hefeweizen going.

I've outgrown the Mr. Beer forums for the most part, and am ready to move on to a forum that focuses more towards advanced brewing subjects. I love the Mr. Beer community, but there are very few people there that do all-grain. When I have advanced questions, there's only a handful of people there that can answer it.

So I'm looking forward to settling in here!

Used to live in Hampstead and Westminster. If it's All-grain you're interested in, come to the "All Grain and Partial Mash" forum here. I've been known to lurk there.

Back