Hatter Royale Hopquila

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lcasanova

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a Binny's (local liquor/beer store) today for a tasting and I noticed this in the aisles while walking around. It was in the beer section even though it isn't exactly a beer.

Tequila + Centennial=

Research_002.jpg

Has anyone out there tried this?

Here is a link to the Hopquila on their website.

I personally haven't tried it, but New Holland got their distilling license a while back. Maybe a couple years? They have made a bunch of different liquors, Tequila, Gin, etc. I'm not much of a liquor guy, so I don't really have much of a desire to check it out. And even if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to give a decent review of it.

I think one of my buddies even got the very first bottle of Tequila that they made. It was open and had a couple of drinks out of it when he got it, but its still pretty cool. I'll have to ask him to see if this is what he has.

A friend of mine has had it, seemed to like it a lot. Though I've never tried it myself, I sure as hell would though. Sounds fantastic to me.

its not really tequila as tequila has to be made from the agave cactus. Its twice distilled barley wash that is dry hopped with centenial hops.

It is damn good though, if you can pick up a bottle Its well worth it.

I've been curious, but since I just don't like hard liquor, it's not on my to-do list. IF I ever got the chance, I'd taste it though. But i"m not dropping coin on a whole bottle.

Back