Munton's Gold Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BangorBrewer

Reaction score
I went to the LHBS and they were out of the Fermentis American Ale yeast. So, in a pinch, I grabbed the Muntons Gold Yeast.

Does anyone have any experience with this yeast? Is it a pretty good, all-purpose ale yeast?

I read the description on BYO and it said that it is made for 100% malt recipes; can someone explain to me what exactly that means?

I am just making a run of the mill american ale with some cascade hops. very comparable to edworts haus ale, but maybe with a little less cascade and a substitute hop (out of necessity, not choice).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any information you can provide. I've had really good luck with Fermentis and read good things about Danstar.

Thanks.

MT

It's a decent neutral yeast. I usually use it if I need to add back some yeast for bottling big beers. If you're just using it for a pale ale, it should be fine.

Latest posts

Back