Insight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munch671

Reaction score
How well would this work as a controlled fermentation chamber? I figure I can fit two carboys in it, dress it up a bit and make it look pretty. No reason to open the door to lose temp. when I can look through the doors. Also, how much do you think it's worth spending on? Currently it's at $120.00.

K-BID AUCTION SERVICES

That unit is well worth the $120. Be sure you can actually fit two carboys in it. I see what appears to be the compressor hump in the rear at the bottom which might limit the floor space too much. If it's tall enough, you could build a platform on top of the hump for a full width level bottom. I don't think you really need to dress it up much. It looks very nice the way it is, but I would change the sign and probably disable any interior lighting that isn't switched. I would buy it in an instant if it's operational.

That looks great. Looks nice. Just remember that you'll need a johnson control or a ranco temp controller. Add that to the price and it doesn't make it such a steal. However, it looks clean if it functions as expected it would be super sweet.

Yea, if it doesn't work for fermenting, it sure would be nice to store bottles in!

Don't forget to add the height of a blow off tube or airlock if you use them.

Good advice, I didn't even see the compressor hump in the back. That could cause some problems with a blow off tube. I will see if I can get in to see this before the auction ends.

Thanks guys!

Back