Connecting to Schrader Valve/Car Tyre valve.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Reaction score
Hi all.

I want to use some stainless Schrader/car tyre valves to make carbonating caps for PET bottles and to top up a plastic barrels. I'd like to be able to leave them connected to the gas for a day or two.

The ideal connection is a “ no loss air chuck” but they are too expensive for the job normal chucks just fall off and using a clamp to hold a tube on doesn't press down the valve core.

If you have any ideas about how to make suitable connections I very much appreciate it if you would post them.

Many Thanks. *********Aamcle

Sounds like you are looking for something similar to what I did in my thread. The second page of this thread shows some pics of the female fitting for a schrader valve. If I remember correctly I just did a Google search for female schrade valve fittings until I found what I was looking for.

The problem with schrader valves is that stainless ones are impossible to find and the gaskets smell like nasty rubber. This kent disconnect system is way better:

CarbonatorKentKIT-2T.jpg

$10 for the pair and then $6 for add on caps.

I've compromised a small ball valve just behind the air chuck.

Aamcle

Latest posts

Back