Clubs in Northern IE?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I tried to help organize it a little bit but no one showed up last time, so I kinda gave up haha. I'm thinking if it was to happen we would have to just meet at each other's houses to brew

If someone gets it get I can let customers know at the shop, I have had several people asking about a local clubs

Well, I tried to help organize it a little bit but no one showed up last time, so I kinda gave up haha. I'm thinking if it was to happen we would have to just meet at each other's houses to brew

The last one was a weekday wasn't it? I was gonn try and make it but weekdays are hard for most people I think

I am still interested in a club, any chance of hosting it at So Cal Homebrew?

In all honesty I don't have the time to take charge of anything but if you guys want to meet at the shop that's absolutely cool with me... I've had a few people from crown of the valley come by the shop, they are local and the next meeting will be a few blocks from the shop

http://www.crownofthevalley.org/

In all honesty I don't have the time to take charge of anything but if you guys want to meet at the shop that's absolutely cool with me... I've had a few people from crown of the valley come by the shop, they are local and the next meeting will be a few blocks from the shop

http://www.crownofthevalley.org/

I just checked out the crown of the valley website and they have dues... I am currently in a homebrew club called Brewluminati. We meet at Out of the Park Pizza (5638 E La Palma Ave Anaheim, CA 92807) on the last thursday of the month and there are no dues! I would like to have a local club as well and I think weekend would be great maybe on sundays?

I just checked out the crown of the valley website and they have dues... I am currently in a homebrew club called Brewluminati. We meet at Out of the Park Pizza (5638 E La Palma Ave Anaheim, CA 92807) on the last thursday of the month and there are no dues! I would like to have a local club as well and I think weekend would be great maybe on sundays?

20 bucks in the grand scheme of what we spend on this hobby doesnt seam like much, especially to participate in a well organized club that has been around so long. Im sure theres a ton of experience to learned from at those meeting, and if you ask they will prolly tell you what the dues are actually spent on.... just my .02

I don't mind paying 'dues' for a membership, but the dues need to be used for something more than renting space for a monthly meeting. The only issue I have is that it seems like the local groups are exclusionary and (reading one of their web pages) not very hospital to new brewers. I was, also, told that one of the local groups not only has a fairly high membership cost, but you can only be invited by a member in good standing and then membership is only allowed after a vote by the general membership. Not anything that I would want to be a part of at any cost.

Mouse

I don't mind paying 'dues' for a membership, but the dues need to be used for something more than renting space for a monthly meeting. The only issue I have is that it seems like the local groups are exclusionary and (reading one of their web pages) not very hospital to new brewers. I was, also, told that one of the local groups not only has a fairly high membership cost, but you can only be invited by a member in good standing and then membership is only allowed after a vote by the general membership. Not anything that I would want to be a part of at any cost.

Mouse

I agree with Mouse, if I am paying dues it needs to be going to something like an oak barrel to do an Imperial Stout or something. Speaking of which who is interested in a pitching in on an oak barrel and brewing 55 gallons of stout. Tis the time for Imperial Stout if you want it for Christmas.

So brewski_please and myself are going to meet up this weekend to discuss start a homebrewers club. Anyone interested?

Possibly, depending on when and where

When: This saturday 6/1/2013 not sure the time... probally the evening.

Where: Well i'm in West Covina and he's in Pomona... So some where around there... I would guess... Thats something we need to work out lol

Saturday is better than Sunday for me this week, so that's good.

Let me know a time and location. I think we should take kosmo up on his offer to use SoCal Homebrew.

I'm in.... was there for the first one, tied up for the second......going to bottle later in the evening so like 5-6 would be cool, as far as a meet, I'm open to anything not a whole lot of places with a good tap/bottle list in the West Covina / Pomona area tho

Ya 5-6 sounds perfect. You guys checked out the new LaVerne brewing co? Its a block away from social homebrew

I've been there a few times, cool place, tony the owner is a home brewer too comes in to the shop every few days. Highly recommend checking it out

Yessiree, at the shop till 6 and her friend has a BBQ at 630 and since its her bday weekend I guess I have to go, lol... Maybe I can take clothes with me and change at the shop and at least stop by for a quick pint!

So lets change the place and time to SoCal Homebrew in La Verne @ 4pm saturday 6/1/2013... Everyone bring some home brew and whatever else you want to share. How does that sound?

I ran the idea by Sean and hes cool with it.

That was my initial thought just got tied up with work......
I'll be there...

I grabbed a couple pliny's and a blind pig today, since I don't have any Homebrew ready ill try and save m, lol

Abe, I started my wine kit today, took off in like two hours already got airlock bubbles, I'm adding 3 lbs of sugar to boost it up a bit too

I grabbed a couple pliny's and a blind pig today, since I don't have any Homebrew ready ill try and save m, lol

Abe, I started my wine kit today, took off in like two hours already got airlock bubbles, I'm adding 3 lbs of sugar to boost it up a bit too

Boo! you have that nice single tier set-up and don't even run it... for shame! LOL But Elder and blind pig will do... I guessssss :mug: lol!

Really? :rockin: You did the black cherry right? How much sugar are you going to use?

Really? :rockin: You did the black cherry right? How much sugar are you going to use?

Ya, i did the black cherry, airlock was going nutz this mornign, I added one pound so far ill prolly ad one more... they are at like 6 outta the box, imma do a kiwi mellon too i think so at least just in case the first isnt so hot...lol

How did the meet up go this weekend? Any plans for the next one?

Who's entering the Claremont Craft Ales homebrew competition?

How did the meet up go this weekend? Any plans for the next one?

It went great! We got to try eachother's beers, as well as some other homemade drinks :drunk:

We decided on doing regular meetings on the last Saturday of every month. So the next one will be on June 29. We discussed your idea of throwing in on a barrel while we were there, and it seems like a good possibility. But as for next meeting, we plan on brewing an Eggnog milk stout to drink around christmas time.
We can shoot around some recipe ideas over the next few weeks, and Sean will supply us with the ingredients (bring some money to throw in on the batch).

Also, we should probably start a new thread for the club...

Yeah the meeting was fun! Yeah the barrel is a possible idea... But yeah the Eggnog Milke Stout is a go lol

So did you guys think of the name?

Well how about....

Brews and Bros

Brewers in Arms

Bash Brewers

iHomebrew

Brews, Bros and Broads

Brewnanigans

Brewhaha

Ferment it

Brew Council

Latest posts