Amazon slows after stopping prime subscription?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive Drab

Reaction score
Ive been using amazon for years to order and always used the super saver shipping. Usually the items shipped within 2 days. Over a month ago I caved in and went for the prime free trial. Orders shipped within a few hours and all was good. After deciding that 2 day shipping wasn't really worth the extra expense i chose not to renew my free subscription for 80/yr. On Sunday evening I placed an order and it still hasn't shipped yet but was listed as in stock. This is abnormally slow and I believe this has something to do with my cancellation of prime. Has anyone else experienced a slow down in service after canceling amazon prime?

I cancelled Prime 2 or three years ago - I don't think it's related.
I ordered some stuff recently, and it didn't ship out for like 5 days...but arrived 2 days sooner than the "promised" date.

On the other hand, about a month ago, I also did the free ship and it shipped next day.
It may be volume based, and they're just busy ?

I think its similar to northern brewer...if you pick their cheap shipping, they ship once a week. Typically I pay $5 extra with NB for normal shipping and it ships same day....last night I placed after hours so it shipped today.

Back