Delaware here...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackNotch

Reaction score
..Wilmington, to be exact. Or the state that Joe Biden has made famous...:rolleyes: I haven't even started brewing yet, and can't wait. Maybe in a week or so, the wife is buying my brew kit for my BDay. The kegerator is done though...

Mike Horgan

Welcome to the slope. I think you're the first person on the site to make their kegger before their first batch. Or have you been doing commercial beers?

If there are any brewpubs nearby, you might be able to get a cornie filled.

The kegerator is done though...

That's like buying the bullets before the gun!:)

Welcome to the board. There is a pretty big knowledge base on here, so your brewing will become easy before you know it. I'm in southern DE (a few years now). Everything seems "slower" down here.;)

Cheers Mike :mug:

I was stationed in Dover a few years back and may be moving up to your neck of the woods when I'm done with school. Sounds like SWMBO's a keeper too!

Welcome to the slope. I think you're the first person on the site to make their kegger before their first batch. Or have you been doing commercial beers?

If there are any brewpubs nearby, you might be able to get a cornie filled.

I actually made the kegerator for commercial beers, then I found this site and I wanna make some!:mug: There are few brewpups around, next time I go I'll have to ask.

Yes menschmaschine, you folks in Southern DE are a little "slower"....except for Dewey!:rockin:

Yes menschmaschine, you folks in Southern DE are a little "slower"...

Only the natives, which I'm not;). I'm what I've actually heard people around here refer to out-of-staters... a "foreigner". The first time I heard someone from rural southern Delaware speak, I figured he must be from the deep south. So, I asked him... nope, Laurel (or something). My jaw dropped because he had a pretty thick southern-style drawl.

They pronounce the word house like "hoose".

I thought that was Groundskeeper Willy.:D

Do they say "get up with you" up there? As in, "I'll get up with you later." Everyone says that down here. I've lived all over the US and abroad... I survived the "youns" of western Pennsylvania, the "like's" and "all's" of SoCal, the "dust bins" and "washing-up liquids" of the UK, but that one threw me for a loop when I first heard it. Get UP with me? What kind of inuendo is that? :cross:

I thought that was Groundskeeper Willy.:D

Do they say "get up with you" up there? As in, "I'll get up with you later." Everyone says that down here. I've lived all over the US and abroad... I survived the "youns" of western Pennsylvania, the "like's" and "all's" of SoCal, the "dust bins" and "washing-up liquids" of the UK, but that one threw me for a loop when I first heard it. Get UP with me? What kind of inuendo is that? :cross:

Most foreigners are from PA or NJ. I love seeing the DSP pull over a foreigner during the summer...

We 'warsh' our cars. 'Wutter' comes out of our sink. I can 'chunk' a ball or a pumpkin.
My wife (Colorado girl) has lived here for just over two years and still comes to me with "What the hell are they talking about?" questions.

I'll get up with you all later.

Michael

Back