Dragon Slayer and Young's Special London Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landis

Reaction score
Ok - these beers probably aren't a natural pair, but I decided to pick up a few beers I had never tried before while I'm waiting to see if I destroyed my pale ale.

Here in Pennsylvania it's not the easiest to buy single beers (other than the standard macros), but in the past year I found a place called Vidalias that sells plenty of singles.

Ok - on to the point. I picked up:
Young's Special London Ale
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Middle Ages Dragon Slayer Imperial Stout
Black Sheep Ale

Last night I tried out the Dragon Slayer and Young's Special London Ale.

Dragon Slayer Imperial Stout:
Maybe I convoluted the taste with the cheese steak I was eating at the time, but this beer wasn't as menacing as some people had suggested. At 9.5% ABV it was surprisingly drinkable. Hints of burnt chocolate and coffee with a nice smoky flavor. Definitely one to try out.

Young's Special London Ale:
Maybe I was drawn in by the slogan of "England's Best Bottle Conditioned Beer" - maybe not the "best", but certainly one of the best. A nice fresh floral hoppy scent - the taste was only mildly bitter with hints of honey and a modest hop flavor. Crisp and refreshing.

Anyway, those are my humble opinions of these two beers. I'm looking forward to the Black Sheep Ale - I've never had a traditional Bitter. And the double chocolate is just a delicious dessert beer that I had to pick up again. Even more I'm looking forward to my Pale Ale. Sure hope that thing turns out.

-Josh

Back