Something borrowed, something brewed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyderbyte07

Reaction score
I'm getting married next Saturday and centered the rehearsal dinner around serving homebrew. Unfortunately my former roommate took our keezer with him when he moved (rightfully so, he financed the build) so I currently have no way to dispense the batches. I can borrow the CO2 tank and gas manifold and am planning to purchase a set of picnic taps for dispensing.

However, I am hoping to add a classier touch so I was wondering if anyone had 3 faucets and shanks I could borrow for the weekend or buy outright. I live in the South St. Paul area of Minnesota but am willing to travel.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it

David

Isn't Northern Brewer in St. Paul? If you're willing to buy what you need I'd just go there and see what they have.

Good luck and Congrats on getting married!!! :mug:

Isn't Northern Brewer in St. Paul? If you're willing to buy what you need I'd just go there and see what they have.
Indeed it is, that's where we go for our supplies. My concern is if I buy new, well then I might as well invest in Perlicks and stainless shanks (I got spoiled by our previous build), and if I'm getting those then I should probably pick up at least a fourth as an investment so a future keezer can have 4 matching taps and then suddenly it's about $300... Unfortunately I'm having trouble justifying that investment at this time :drunk:

But if someone in the area had a few faucets sitting around that they no longer needed I would love to pick those up and then be able to spread my dream keezer costs out over a longer span of time.

Good luck and Congrats on getting married!!! :mug:
Thanks!

David

For what it's worth I get the "buy once spend once, buy cheap spend twice" saying but, in my case, this is a hobby and I spend what I can and make do with what I can afford. It's a fine balance... It took me over a year to compile all my kegging equipment and while it's not perlicks, and the best you can buy, I do have draft beer at my house. The nice faucets, and other upgrades, will come in time when I can afford to upgrade it. I even had 1 tap across 2 kegs and I just switch the qd's when I wanted to change what I was drinking. You got to start somewhere!

You should get what you can before you get married! ;) Esp before you have kids. I just had my first and I can hardly find time to brew let alone extra money to spend on brewing related stuff. All joking aside though, congrats again man. Enjoy every minute of it! :rockin:

Back