Bayou Classic Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hastings

Reaction score
I'am plaining on doing some serious brewing the next couple of months and i was looking at buying a outdoor burner so i can do all my brewing in a garage. I was looking at a Bayou Classic SQ14...what you guys thing??

I just started using the SQ14. It is very sturdy and stable. I have used it twice already.

I love mine, heats 6+ gallons of wort to boiling in about 15 minutes and keeps it rolling with minimal propane. I usually get about 5 brews out of a normal grill propane tank. It'll also fit a keggle if you plan on upgrading.

Another SQ14 user here. I love it. The best part about it is the stand, which some of the other burners are severely lacking. But I use it for my all grain batches and it heats 7-8 gallons with ease.

It's great. Plenty-o-BTU's. The big square surface and base means no knocked over brew pots. Wouldn't want to brew with anything else.

I too have the SQ-14 and it is a great burner. Love the stand/base. Gets the wort to a boil plenty quick too.

Another good topic on these burners here.

I have the SP-1. It's wicked powerful (185,000 BTU) and very affordable. You can pick one up for under 40.00

In comparison the SQ-14 is 55,000 BTU and costs just over 50.00

Back