Draft line restriction question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckdaddy

Reaction score
I need to add some restriction to one of my draft lines. It is simply pouring too fast. I have quarter inch line on that particular keg, and I need to choke it down.

If I add some 3/16 beverage line, does it matter if I put the restriction on the keg side or does it have to be just before it goes to the faucet? I expect it should probably go near the faucet, but it would be much easier for me to add it near the keg. I didn't know if it mattered where the restriction was added. Thanks for your replies.

Restriction w/ smaller line could go anywhere between the keg and faucet....why not replace the entire run w/ 3/16? Guessing just easier to slice in a piece?

edit...Now I'm wondering if going from small to large line could cause foaming in the line...IDK likely not...give it a try, can always be redone???

Doesn't matter where you add the restriction. Some people have put plastic epoxy mixers into lines. Supposedly they do a great job. Haven't tried it myself.

Not practical to replace the entire line. It's part of a trunk line that's running through walls. The potential for foaming was my concern. However, I think I'm going to try it near the keg since it is so much easier to do.

Back