What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking my last bottle of Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shuggah Substitute. Shame to see it go, probably one of my favorites from them.

Quick OT question: I noticed they list the OG on the bottle. It's neat to see, but is there any real reason why? I've seen it on a few other microbrews as well. I guess the O.G. combined with the ABV can give you the FG, and give you an idea of how sweet or dry the beer will be, but if that's the case, why not just list the FG as well?

Made Midwest's Boundary Waters Wheat. Put some orange zest in it. If you squeeze a wedge of orange into it, it like summer in a glass. Lovin it right now!

Boulevard 80 acre wheat. Someone brought this to last Homebrew club meeting, I'd have tried it sooner if I'd known it was dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin.

image-1848724527.jpg

I was gonna have a Founders Doom, but I'm very drunk, and wouldn't appreciate it as much as I would sober. I think it's time to lay down before I overdo it (Lagunitas IPA was going down too smooth).

WesleyS said:
This

After enjoying some baked brie.

I freaking LOVE baked Brie! I usually wrap it in some puff pastry and serve with fruit. The sometimes with garlic crostini and apple slices and almond slices. It's such a versatile cheese!

tyzippers said:
I freaking LOVE baked Brie! I usually wrap it in some puff pastry and serve with fruit. The sometimes with garlic crostini and apple slices and almond slices. It's such a versatile cheese!

It turned out pretty good. This is the first time I've had it with goat brie.
I topped the brie with raspberry preserves, brown sugar and walnuts. Then wrapped it with croissant dough. It definitely could've used some apple slices on the side, but I forgot to pick some up.

So I tried to help my dad kill his expired stock of yuengling and Boston lager. I think they were all over a year old. Easily. I didn't mind because it was freakin hot and muggy while I was manning the grill for my mom's birthday dinner! Sonoma Reserve Pinot Noir with dinner and a Wookey Jack for a night cap! It was a nice day overall. I really wanted to try a new pick up, but alas, I have a two hour ride to work tomorrow morning. So, I bid yinz all a good night. Work sucks. :-/

image-2356044428.jpg

Green Flash Imperial IPA ... need it to relax from a sh**ty end to an otherwise great brew day.

someone is trashed! hahahah
drinking an amber i brewed.
and an andygator... nomz!

Hungover, I was supposed to be at the lab to test the condition of my stressed yeast samples an hour ago. Just getting in now. Whoops. Luckily it's summer now and I don't really have time frame constraints because there are no classes scheduled for lab time.

Coffee, strong, dark, espresso boosted French pressed, I filled a 64oz thermos but it's going to need a refill I think.

Hungover, I was supposed to be at the lab to test the condition of my stressed yeast samples an hour ago. Just getting in now. Whoops. Luckily it's summer now and I don't really have time frame constraints because there are no classes scheduled for lab time.

Coffee, strong, dark, espresso boosted French pressed, I filled a 64oz thermos but it's going to need a refill I think.

Pass the coffee.....ugh. Stupid beer, wtf we were drinking like I make the stuff..............wait I do make it..........ugh

well congrats! drink up and i hope you enjoy the brews you will receive today, just in time for your celebration!:ban:

Excited. Only problem is they weren't shipped in a cooler. :cross:

Cloned. Tastes awesome. Have about 45 left!

Did you use one of the recipes listed on Beersmith? Something else? I'm enjoying my keg of the real thing, but I'm not going to be able to shell out that kind of money on a regular basis!

Red Ale, Bock, Pumpkin spice ale, Trappist ale, and a Dragons Breath Ale...... Interesting and confused burping at time.

Did you use one of the recipes listed on Beersmith? Something else? I'm enjoying my keg of the real thing, but I'm not going to be able to shell out that kind of money on a regular basis!

Recipe from a guy I know that owns a local LBHS (and has a few recipe books published). Ballast Point's Sculpin is one of my favorite beers ever. They taste even better when I'm slaying fluke, blues and stripers. I love this beer.

So much so, I had to pour myself another just now!

image.jpg

Still drinking coffee. I drank more than I should have last night, and I'm a little hung over (not so bad that I'm not thinking about picking up some more beers today). I think I'm gonna try Yeungling for the first time today, and maybe get some more Sweet Water IPA. Speaking of Yeungling, is it good, or should I get something else?

Back