HomeBrewTalk Sponsor- Monster Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horaceunit

Reaction score
Just became a premium member because of the deal that was going on, and the drawing, of course! Also I am a beginning brewer on my second batch so of course I am looking to expand. While going through the list of prizes available I saw one for Monster Brew and decided to check out their site. In case any one is interested they are currently having a 25% off site wide sale through the weekend. I think you have to sign up for their newsletter and they will send you an email. Confused me for a bit as there is no discount code or anything in the email. The trick is to click on one of the category links in the email and the webpage it opens up has a discount code on the page and it works great! Just thought I would pass it on as Monster Brew is a sponsor, and then did donate to the drawing so a good place to spend some $ and get a really good deal!:mug:

Yep, that's the code that I had too so I guess it is the same for everybody! Thanks I wasn't sure if I should post the code I got or let people get theirs separately. It is a good deal! So good I actually went ahead and upgraded to a 5 gallon fermenter and bottle bucket and some other stuff I have been wanting- not to mention an ingredient kit for the new fermenter! :D

Well I'm not to that point yet but I am really enjoying the whole process! I'll be doing a one gallon micro-brew this afternoon, and I have another one gallon at one week of fermentation so they will be staggered by a week. Today will be my 3rd 1 gallon microbrew but I have everything coming from Monster Brew to do my first 5 gallon batch! Already looking at what I would need to go full grain too.

Great news Horace. Microbrewing is a great tool.

I also brew 1-gallon batches.
1) To try an uncertain recipe. I'd hate to dump or worse drink 5-gal of yucky beer.
2) To create a pitchable amount of fresh yeast for 5-gal batches; especially the higher O.G ones. (and get 8 bottles of beer):rockin:

'da Kid

Well a simple one gallon kit seemed to be the way to start off, but you quickly realize that 7-8 bottles of beer a month isn't going to keep you in home brewed craft beer for long. Didn't make much sense to have to brew a one gallon batch practically every week, so 5 gallon batches seems to make a lot more sense. Then, as you said, make the one gallon batches in between the larger batches to test out recipes and different types of beer. Also I thought that the 1 gallon batches would give me a bit of diversity both for my own drinking, and to be able to offer a variety to friends and family.

Looks like the stuff I ordered from Monster Brew will be here tomorrow! I'll let you know the condition of everything and what I think of the products. I placed the order on Friday in the afternoon so I figure they really didn't get a chance to process it until Monday so that is pretty fast shipping and handling from Texas to Delaware. As long as all is well with everything they will have to go to the top of the list for online suppliers! I've also ordered from Midwest Supplies and Northern Brewer so they will all have to fight it out over me! Realistically it will probably be who has a sale on something I need and has the best price (including shipping).

Latest posts

Back