Benificial Nematodes for Japanese beetle larvae

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have found all manner of specific info regarding the application of BN's to the garden except that nothing seems to explain whether or not they should be applied in the spring or if they can be applied in the fall and will overwinter.

I have found a few grubs in the soil and would rather be safe than sorry.

Any info would be appreciated.

I bought some last year from here: Buglogical

They are a little bit pricey. Apply NOW. They will overwinter. It is much easier to kill the grubs as little buggers. I do know that the traditional pesticides (such as Merit) should be applied in the fall or very early spring as they are not effective against larger grubs.

I definitely had less these year, but still too many of the litle f**kers. I've got some milky spore to put out as soon as we have a good forecast for rain. For Milky spore (and the nematodes too) it is best to apply just before or during rain to wash the good guys into the soil. You'll also want to spray more than just your yard. The betles don't recMy yard backs up to a schoolyard so I sprayed into the schoolyard the equivalent of my yard deep the two yards wide.

As a bonus I saw MANY less cucumber beetles and squash bugs in my vegetable garden this year.

Thanks.

I haven't seen any evidence of grub damage to the grass but like I said, I uncovered a few grubs in the rasied bed hop yard.

I'll apply this weekend and water in.

Latest posts

Back