kegging confusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
Alright, so i bought a 3 gallon pinlock corny off ebay. I am trying to figure out what else i need to buy in order to keg. Here is what i have come up with so far...

CO2 tank

Regulator with 3/8" outlet barb

5/16" ID line to go from regulator to keg

5/16" and 1/4" disconnects

Now, what is confusing me is most is that most of the picnic taps i have seen are 3/16". Will the 3/16" picnic tap connect to the liquid out disconnect? Also, does my liquid line have to be a certain length? Thanks!

Alright, so i bought a 3 gallon pinlock corny off ebay. I am trying to figure out what else i need to buy in order to keg. Here is what i have come up with so far...

CO2 tank

Regulator with 3/8" outlet barb

5/16" ID line to go from regulator to keg

5/16" and 1/4" disconnects

Now, what is confusing me is most is that most of the picnic taps i have seen are 3/16". Will the 3/16" picnic tap connect to the liquid out disconnect? Also, does my liquid line have to be a certain length? Thanks!

You need tubing to go from your liquid connect to the picnic tap. 3/16" or 1/4" line should work. I think with 1/4" you will get less foaming with a shorter line. look at beer line length calculators to determine the optimum length, however shorter or longer lines will work. Longer lines will give a slower pour and shorter lines may have some foam.

Craig

Back