• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale: R.I.M.S. Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_al_in_k-zoo

Reaction score
************SOLD****************SOLD**************SOLD****************SOLD*********************

Hey.

Unfortunately I need some money, so I need to sell some stuff,

Here is a R.I.M.S. tube I built following Sawdustguy's RIMS for Dummies thread.

1.5" tee's & Pipe, 1.5" x 1/2" for wort inlet and outlet, Cap on one end, 1.5" x 1" for heating element.

Used all summer, worked great! All 304 SS parts from Murray Equipmaint Co.

The first pic is how i had it "set up" The 1/2" Tee, close nipples, elbow & hose barbs are NOT INCLUDED.

se15vt.jpg

The next two pics are of what ARE INCLUDED. This is what is for sale

vgt09i.jpg

2a9vddk.jpg

Asking $60.00 shipped to you.

Thanks, Alan

If I knew about the retail price of these parts I would be really interested. I think you have a fair price. Do you happen to know what the price was new? I have all the other pieces to make this work.

Hmm, don't remember exactly. I believe around $70ish just for the parts to be honest. I bought alot of other 1/2" fittings at the same time & paid over 100 for it all.

This was cleaned after every use with PBW, then ran star san through it.

I feel this is a decent price with shipping factored in. This is HEAVY.

Thanks for your interest. If u want any more pics, let me know. - AL

How about a picture of the opposite end of the tube? You have the one end shown and I would be interested in seeing the other end.

Also, what element did you use inside it?

from pricing out the same thing about a year ago, $60 shipped is cheap. I decided to go with a herms with a sepatate heat exchanger.

I feel its a fair price. I went back and forth with herms or rims for awhile. How'd your herms setup turn out?

It turned out great. I need to write it up and put it on here, I haven't seen something exactly like it on here.

I basically use the ideas from this guy's website. The HERMIT Brewery

Although my heat exchanger is not as ugly as his! I just used a 1 gallon drink cooler and a 2000 watt element. No need for a stirrer for that wattage/size.

41uM4Q5YidL._AA300_.jpg

so this is just the tube correct? i'd need to supply my own fittings, thermowell, and heating element...

sKafifer,

What's in this pic is what's included:

vgt09i.jpg

You would need to buy your own element, sensor probe, hose barbs etc. I'm keeping the other parts for other uses in my brewing setup.

Thanks for your interest.

Alan

Back