What do HBT Dads want out there for Father's Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I bought

2 - 6.5 gal carboys, with plastic milk crates
2 - 5 gal carboys
(now I have 5 fermenters and 4 secondaries)

Copper immersion chiller

1 - 15.5 gal converted keg. dirty as hell, needs a bit more work
1 - 15.5 gal unconverted keg. Annhauser Busch, 3/4 full of beer. Pretty sure I'm not gonna drink it. I found a small paper bag with everything I need to convert it :)

Igloo cooler with manifold (unfinished)

A fermenting bucket with a bunch of racking cains, airlocks, stoppers, brushes, stainless spoon, huge funnel and seive

Corny keg with gas lines

NEW (looking) 5 lb bottle with dual regulator (this alone is worth $180 new at my LHBS)

I paid $200 for all the above.

The wife doesn't know it yet. I'm doing the "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" thing.

It shouldn't be too had to get the forgivness. I have recently bought her a new(er) house in which I (and I do mean I, alone) completey repainted, installed all new carpet and hardwood floors. Bought all new appliances (the kithen is now stainless) and I installed AC.

Someday I'm gonna get a day off, brew my first all grain in the morning and go fishing in the afternoon.

RichBrewer said:
What do I want for Father's Day?
I just want my father to get better so he can take care of himself again

Me too. My dad is getting up there and it is getting tough to get around. I hope your dad gets well!

Best wishes to your dad, Rich. Stay strong for us. My wife's grandfather, who was a surrogate father for her for many years after her folks split up, isn't doing well either.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. It's nice to have a place where I can vent.
Now- Back to the discussion about what every HBT dad wants for Father's day. :mug:

I have great kids. My daughter picked out this card.

4569-Card.JPG

My son gave me this. It's a beer wheel.

4569-BeerWheel.JPG

SWMBO ordered this for me.

4569-14conical.JPG

I'll pick it up at Austin Home Brew at the end of the month after I get back from traveling. I'm looking forward to filling it with some Haus Pale Ale

I hope all the Dads out there have a great day!

EdWort said:
I have great kids. My daughter picked out this card.

4569-Card.JPG

My son gave me this. It's a beer wheel.

4569-BeerWheel.JPG

SWMBO ordered this for me.

4569-14conical.JPG

I'll pick it up at Austin Home Brew at the end of the month after I get back from traveling. I'm looking forward to filling it with some Haus Pale Ale

I hope all the Dads out there have a great day!
Damn... Looks like you made out like a bandit!!! Very nice EW!!!
Happy Fathers Day all!!!

:mug:

Back