What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next up more Shorts!!! Peaches & Cream... this s#it is ridiculous.....

ForumRunner_20131121_002002.jpg

Did you get to try the Maple Bacon porter? I saw that they were having a bottle release extravaganza in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to assume its not currently on tap.

No, really wish I could have tried that one. I did have the pumpkin porter and raspberry habanero and they were both exceptional, especially the habanero

My 10 month aged Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. The clarity, carbonation and color are beautiful! What a tasty bugger! SWMBO stole the last 1/3 of it! LOL!

20131120_204455.jpg

Tonight I'm working on a six-pack of Firestone DBA (Double Barrel Ale), an English-style ale from somewhere up the coast near Santa Barbara. It's not bad.

After doing my own informal little review I checked out the reviews at beeradvocate.com, because I'm trying to educate myself a little. I was surprised by the general consensus that it's a very malt-forward, mildly hopped beer. Maybe my six-pack is from a fresher batch than most people have bought? Don't get me wrong; the hops weren't overpowering. But I'd say they definitely showed up in force, and held their own against the malt.

Oolong. Getting ready for a run to somewhat offset day of debauchery in Asheville. Going to a concert tonight and have at least three breweries and a bottle shop with ten taps on the schedule before that. Forecast is 100% chance of drunk with a 40% chance of bourbon induced idiocy. Tomorrow's forecast is 80% chance of hangover.

Oolong. Getting ready for a run to somewhat offset day of debauchery in Asheville. Going to a concert tonight and have at least three breweries and a bottle shop with ten taps on the schedule before that. Forecast is 100% chance of drunk with a 40% chance of bourbon induced idiocy. Tomorrow's forecast is 80% chance of hangover.

Keep drinking water throughout the debauchery and you might cut that 80% down a little.

Second cup of coffee ... up late with issues at work, and then up early :(

Going to consume massive amounts of coffee. Lack of sleep is killing me. I hope this potential ice storm we're supposed to have tonight isn't going to mess with my ability to fly home tomorrow! Also looking forward to picking up a small trade package from finsfan! I'm pretty stoked about this one!

Courtesy of Wes, thanks man. This is a really good robust porter. Really nice, smooth roast character, some light hop character and fairly dry finish.

Im glad you got to try some too, I love that stuff and actually cant find it around here anymore. They need to make that a staple brew and not seasonal!

Sounds like a good time to me :D

Bucket dregs to start the day. My wife knew it was dry hopped with Nelson from smelling it. :D image-4164895704.jpg For anyone who doesn't have bottling bucket set up this way, this is still the single most useful thing I've learned from HBT. image-3726638301.jpg

Going to consume massive amounts of coffee. Lack of sleep is killing me. I hope this potential ice storm we're supposed to have tonight isn't going to mess with my ability to fly home tomorrow! Also looking forward to picking up a small trade package from finsfan! I'm pretty stoked about this one!

CANT WAIT FOR yOU TO TRY THEM ALL!:ban:

If you're not including a 25% chance of drunk tank and 10% chance of felony charges, you're doing it wrong.

Starting the morning off right with my Smoked Black Saison.

Hopefully your night of debauchery is as good as mine was! :D Having a 6oz glass of Mad Hatter to take the edge off

Bucket dregs to start the day. My wife knew it was dry hopped with Nelson from smelling it. :D
Awesome!
For anyone who doesn't have bottling bucket set up this way, this is still the single most useful thing I've learned from HBT. View attachment 161556

Is there something attached to your dip tube? I'm using a CPVC elbow that screws onto the inside of the spigot instead of a plug and dip tube, but if that has a filter of some sort attached that may be an even better option.

Water on break... Looking at these new style carboys.... Anyone have one or know the dimensions? Im hoping i could get by with one to avoid putting a collar on my chest freezer fermentation chamber

ForumRunner_20131121_110029.png

Water on break... Looking at these new style carboys.... Anyone have one or know the dimensions? Im hoping i could get by with one to avoid putting a collar on my chest freezer fermentation chamber

I have been thinking about this idea since I started brewing, only plastic but that looks awesome! This will probably eliminate glass carboys now

Threaded lid and a plugged airlock = 6.5 gallon glass beer bomb!

Dimensions on a 6.5 standard glass carboy are roughly 20.5 inches tall. 12.5 inches wide.

These wide mouths are 12 3/8" wide and 17 5/8" tall.

seem to be pretty close width wise, and a advantage Height wise as you don't have a tapered neck to contend with.

Back