Advice on Heating Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboblitt

Reaction score
So I am looking at brewing a series of Belgians and I think I need to get my fermentation temperature under control prior to really getting them right. I was thinking of building something similar to the son fermentation chiller with a heating unit but I thought I would see if anyone has done anything similar. Thanks for any advice.

So I am looking at brewing a series of Belgians and I think I need to get my fermentation temperature under control prior to really getting them right. I was thinking of building something similar to the son fermentation chiller with a heating unit but I thought I would see if anyone has done anything similar. Thanks for any advice.

I built a son of fermentation chiller to keep the beer fermenting cool in the summer. In the winter I use it for it's insulation properties and hook a Fermwrap heater up to my temp controller. Works like a charm, holds the beer at whatever temp I want within a degree.

I use a cheap heating pad taped to the carboy and just set it in a closet in the basement. Works perfect. I have it controlled by a thermostat and it holds the temps +/- .5F, which is just perfect for me.

If you go the heating pad route, make sure you don't get the digital ones without the auto shutoff.

I was hoping to use a normal thermostat from Home Depot but I was not sure if it would hold temperature accuratly enough.

Latest posts

Back