first fruit help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwetherford

Reaction score
I have a canadian blonde in primary for almost 4 weeks now and wanna rack to secondary with fruit like raspberry or strawberry how much fruit shouldi use

I just made a raspberry wheat that I racked onto 5 lbs of frozen raspberries. Turned out a bit tart, but has been mellowing. It also turned my beer pink. If I had to do it over again I'd go with 2.5 to 3 lbs of frozen fruit.

How do I know if my yeast is alive or dead it has fermented but is done now will it be ok if I rack it onto fruit will it start up again?

becarefull on how much u put in .. i just made a raspberry wheat and i put in 2 pounds of frozen raspberrys and 1.5lbs of raspberry puree and it was just to much .. but then again it might have just been the puree that over did it...

How do I know if my yeast is alive or dead it has fermented but is done now will it be ok if I rack it onto fruit will it start up again?

when transfered my beer to the secondary ontop of the fruit and puree , the yeast defently had a feild day eat up some sugar .. my air lock started to get 2 bubbles a sec for a day then started to calm down after

One can of Oregon Fruit puree should do it. Honestly, I don't recall what volume the cans are...I want to say 42 oz. You can get them at your lhbs. And yes, your yeast will eat it up, so watch your airlock. Depending on headspace, you may want to put a blow-off tube in. Looking at the OP again, a full can for strawberry and may 1/2 to 3/4 for the raspberry.

One can of Oregon Fruit puree should do it. Honestly, I don't recall what volume the cans are...I want to say 42 oz. You can get them at your lhbs. And yes, your yeast will eat it up, so watch your airlock. Depending on headspace, you may want to put a blow-off tube in. Looking at the OP again, a full can for strawberry and may 1/2 to 3/4 for the raspberry.

that is what i had ..its about 3 pounds worth of puree

Your yeast will not be dead (unless you or a rival brewer killed them). At this point, don't even concern yourself with the issue. Be more concerned that they are alive and may blow the stopper off your carboy.

Back