What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a Belgian Blond while brewing an American Brown. Cheers!

Blond3.jpg

Cool glass. :D

And cool news about the brewery. I am off on Tuesdays occasionally so maybe a short trip to the foreign land known as the Bronx would be fun. You figure out what day you're venturing down here? Snow on Saturday....again.

Just finished a sample of my Arcturus barley wine. Think it's done after ten days. Went from 1.095 to 1.012 pretty quickly. Puts her at right around 11%. Fell pretty damn short of my expected gravity (1.110). Due to a combination of bonehead mistakes I made during the brew day that I hope I don't make again. It tasted surprisingly smooth. Had some great hop flavor and clean bitterness. I think magnum is gonna be my go to bittering hop from now on. From the flavor I would classify it as more of an IIPA than a barley wine.

This brew was a good learning experience and I'm glad the beer is still tasty even though it wasn't exactly what I intended. I'll see what time does for it.

Cool glass. :D

And cool news about the brewery. I am off on Tuesdays occasionally so maybe a short trip to the foreign land known as the Bronx would be fun. You figure out what day you're venturing down here? Snow on Saturday....again.

Just finished a sample of my Arcturus barley wine. Think it's done after ten days. Went from 1.095 to 1.012 pretty quickly. Puts her at right around 11%. Fell pretty damn short of my expected gravity (1.110). Due to a combination of bonehead mistakes I made during the brew day that I hope I don't make again. It tasted surprisingly smooth. Had some great hop flavor and clean bitterness. I think magnum is gonna be my go to bittering hop from now on. From the flavor I would classify it as more of an IIPA than a barley wine.

This brew was a good learning experience and I'm glad the beer is still tasty even though it wasn't exactly what I intended. I'll see what time does for it.

I'll Keep you posted. Plan to head down this weekend.

Hope that Atrial is everything you hope. Need to get more of it.

I do not have a pic of a line up but i'm thinking dark, bourbon goodness. :D Single on VD (day) again

You should go to this.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392411045.977860.jpg
I would if I could. I missed out on Roll in the Hay when it was released.

Troo, Troo. In my out of shapes defense it is a long driveway. And heavy, wet snow. And only a square shovel and a very extra crappy snow shovel that seems to be made out of aluminum foil to work with. Not to mention one of the roommates couldn't wait for me to finish shoveling to drive over all the snow and make life more difficult on me.

Just giving you a hard time. If is he tried to shovel my driveway, my wife would have found me face down in the snow clutching my back.

Had a 2013 Boulevard Imperial Stout with the fiancee. She is napping now and I am having a HB Saison. Have to say I am pretty proud of this beer. This, the porter and the Kolsch are probably the best beers I have made (I leave out the pale ale and IPA I made recently because I am tired of conan yeast, everything tastes like peach juice).

I just recently tried Brown Shuggah and I have to say, damn that's some good stuff.

Seems like a good price. I've got one in the fridge and am looking forward to opening it up tonight (never drank it).

Yes, that does seem like a good price. I paid $17 per 4 pack in Anchorage, wish I would have bought more than 2 but the alcohol order was already over $350.

Drinking water at work.

Sent from 35 miles north of the Arctic circle.

Second pour of Bengali while I contemplate opening this floccer.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392418349.830531.jpg

Me too. I missed that one. They will probably make it again. They just brewed their saison again

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

Oh I'm positive they're making it again.
It's not first hand knowledge, but for what it's worth, a guy who works there told one of my beer guys that a portion of Barn Burner didn't take the same trip from the FVs as the rest of it. So, hopefully we'll be seeing roll in the hay again.

Me too. I missed that one. They will probably make it again. They just brewed their saison again

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

Haven't tried either the saison or "roll in the hay", but I will be going there tomorrow with some friends.

Love that beer. But it has to be very fresh. Thats my only beef with the 6 point IPAS. I feel they lose their quality very quickly and arent at their "best" even before their "best before" dates.

They are great when fresh fresh IMHO

I drink em as quickly as possible and I love Bengali every time I smack it. More than Resin.

Latest posts

Back