Belgian Ale, brewing this weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optimatored

Reaction score
It has been about a year since my last homebrew and finally I am able to get another batch going! (Lack of space)

I am using a kit to make this batch but a few differences this time around:

1.) I am using a yeast starter, I bought a pack of WYEAST propagator... hopefully I wont have my usual panic of, “is this darn thing going to ferment!!”

2.) Bought star-san, I have well water and may have ruined my last batch due to contamination

3.) Thoroughly cleaning everything with oxyclean prior to sanitation. In the past I just rinsed everything really well and sanitized (idaphor). This might be my other off taste factor.

Happy to back on the homebrew wagon!!!

Any other sanitation tips... ?

2.) Bought star-san, I have well water and may have ruined my last batch due to contamination

Any other sanitation tips... ?

Welcome back. Just to clarify you are going to pre boil all your water right? Star san isn't made to be added to your batch to sanitize large amounts of water, it is used for cleaning.

I will be using star-san to sanitize my equipment... i would normally use idaphor and let dry. But i read so much about star-san on here i couldn’t resist buying a bottle.

I do a full 5 gallon extract boil... i use poland spring water and top with if necessary

I will be using star-san to sanitize my equipment... i would normally use idaphor and let dry. But i read so much about star-san on here i couldn’t resist buying a bottle.

I do a full 5 gallon extract boil... i use poland spring water and top with if necessary

OH good, sounded like you were going to star san the water for a second :) .

Sounds like everything should go well. Best of luck to you! and again welcome back.

Back