shiner 101 - czech pils

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
anyone else had it yet? i actually like it better than the frost, which i was a fan of.

So, I had one of these and a noble pils. Both are pils, but they are on either end of the spectrum. I got next to no hop aroma or taste from the Shiner. I got that noticeable shiner taste though that seems to be in the background of all their beers. The shiner had a thicker mouth feal to it. It almost tasted like a darker beer. Overall, I would buy both again, and probably will.

I was really surprised at how the house yeast they used had the same background taste that all their others have. Very interesting, I wouldn't mind a sample of it. Growing up 10 miles from the brewery, I would think at least one of my friends from there work at the brewery . . . .

yeah, i agree, it's pretty easy drinking, not a ton of hop character, but i do get a hint of saaz in there. and i think the 'czech' style pils should have that maltier backbone to it.

Back