Kalamazoo area co2 REFILL??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtaylor3

Reaction score
I have a brand new aluminum tank I'm desperately trying to get filled in Kalamazoo area. Everyone wants to exchange but I don't care for the thought of that. Can anyone help?

I dont live there but Ive found that a lot of people arent aware to search for welding shops and fire equipment stores that usually do CO2 tanks. Usually cheaper than homebrew stores too

Found a fire equipment store $19.50 for a 5lb

That's a little bit higher than I pay for a refill on 5lbs. Actually, they cost about $17.

The price for a 20lb tank was $20, so I upgraded. 4 x the gas for $3 more.

I also want to say that swapping is an option and nothing to worry about unless you display the tank. Some of those older tanks aren't very nice looking, but they do work.

I know they technically work and maybe I'm just petty about it but there's something about swapping my brand new aluminum tank and possibly getting an ugly steel one I just bring myself to do

It's a little drive but you won't get a better price than fire extinguisher shop in battle creek. They do both of my C02 tanks and my Nitrogen tank. 5 pound c02 refill is $12 and 10 pounds is $15. You can also buy tanks from them for much less than you probably paid for your aluminum I bought my aluminum online for about 90 I bought a 10 pound tank from them which they built out of an old fire extinguisher for $40, filled. I bought a 40# nitrogen tank filled for $75 a few years back, being I only have one nitrogen faucet that should last me the rest of my life.

I put the address below you're not too far from Arcadia ales in Battle Creek so get some gas and have a pint.

They keep strict hours. Closed at 4pm and always closed between 12:00-1:00 for lunch.

120 Service Street
Battle Creek‎ MI‎ 49037-2395
United States of America
(269) 963-3233

Thanks I'll definitely look into them at least when I finish my keezer because I want a nitro stout tap

Call welding shops and ask.. I found one near me that does swaps, and they always have an aluminum tank to swap..

Call welding shops and ask.. I found one near me that does swaps, and they always have an aluminum tank to swap..

Just a heads up if you're ever looking for a cheap c02 fill, there's a welding shop right down the street from adventures in taylor that filled my 10Lb for $12. Can't beat that!

That's very cheap but the gas if use to drive to Taylor would negate the savings, that's a 2 hr drive or more haha

I get my propane refilled at Tractor Supply in Paw Paw

Just did some calling around. Not sure the price, but Approved Fire Protection on the corner of Mosel and N. Burdick does refills. My tank just came today and I wasn't about to let anyone take it either lol. I'll pay a bit more if that's what it is. It's so close to me anyway.

Where is the cheapest place to get a tank recertified?

And, not to hijack the thread, who has cheap propane refills?

I get propane from UHaul on Portage rd. I have the bigger 30lb rv tanks, so can't exchange. I guess Costco has cheap exchanges but that isn't an option for me. UHaul is around 25 bucks to refill my tank size.

Latest posts

Back