Should i leave CO2 tank on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't. A slight leak and it'll empty over a few hours to days. That said, I do forget to turn it off from time to time and I've always lucked out.

I had that problem. Got my kegerator hooked up for the first time and was so excited I left Co2 on and didn't check for leaks. 2 days later 20lbs tank was EMPTY. Got it refilled and went over EVERY connection with soapy water, found a ton of leaks that I couldn't hear/feel, but the soapy water showed them. Now I leave it on all the time. You have to leave it on so the beer will carb right?

Yeah, you should check your system before leaving the tank on, but in order to force carb your beer you need to leave it on. I guess it would be slightly safer to turn the gas on and off every time you use your kegerator, but as long as you check for leaks beforehand, you'll receive no benefit for that inconvenience.

Back