Cooper's DIY Kit - Who is using it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younghusband

Reaction score
Just wondering who is using the new DIY Coopers kit and your thoughts on the fermenter and it's function.

I have 2 now and I'm not missing the airlock at all.

Thanks!

Here is the how to video on it. I think that the fermenter its self is pretty cool with the collar. I have never used one, but I think if I found one without have to buy the kit I would use the hell out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like nothing more than a fancy-scaled up Mr. Beer kit. Not sure it is the route I would go.

However, the collar thing is interesting. I guess it just pushes the collar up till it breaks above the liquid line and off-gasses CO2 that way???

I started with that kit, but it was the old one with an airlock. I've been doing partial mashes for a while now and I still use the fermenter, hydrometer, and bottle filler from that kit. It's been working great so far.

I love the new "DIY" Fermenter. I like that I can remove the collar it helps it clear quicker it also gives it more headspace. Also no threads, so cleaning is REALLY easy. Ive made 8 batches in it so far.

i have one... I was a little hesitant at first due to the lack of an airlock, but im on my third brew and its going great... I love that i can watch it brew

I love mine! I've only made 2 batches so far, but both have turned out great.

Has anyone kegged from one of these yet? I did that with my second batch but I need a hose to fit on the tap and I'm not sure of the size I need. Just emptying into the keg was not good, too much foam.

I love mine! I've only made 2 batches so far, but both have turned out great.

Has anyone kegged from one of these yet? I did that with my second batch but I need a hose to fit on the tap and I'm not sure of the size I need. Just emptying into the keg was not good, too much foam.

Take the tap off and take it with you to the hardware store to find a Vinyl tube that will fit well...

I have one, has always treated me well. Usually have a couple batches fermenting at once. But it works just as good as my airlock vessel. It's nice to because its easy to clean & you can watch your brew ferment being its clear.

Latest posts

Back