So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just placed my order for pick-up for ingredients for my Steinpilz Gose! Brewing tomorrow.

Two 5G batches last weekend and going for the hat trick this weekend. Planning a Jamil American IPA (from Brewing Classic Styles). Will have to get my honeydoo list done Saturday to keep the peace :)

I'm also picking up my tap gang from the metal shop this afternoon. I put together a replacement for the twin towers on my kegerator out of 3" black pipe and dropped it off with drawings for mods last week. Can't wait to put this together and get my kegerator back online with the new 7-tap rig :):) Will post pictures over the weekend.

I am not. :( Fermentors are full but hopefully that will change by next weekend!

I was an idiot and slacked off... had 3 batches around at one time, then didn't brew for a month and drank all my ish.

Except that Irish Stout... I'll have that for. evvvvverrrrrrrrrr.

On the fence about it. I'd have to pick up another fermenter since all of mine are full at this point. However, we're supposed to get a bunch of snow and so if I'm going to be home anyway it sure beats cleaning the garage or messing with my currently fermenting beer. The dark horse is that I'm hosting someone from AirBNB. Not sure how she'd feel about me lighting a propane burner in the garage even though it is in my house.

Decisions... :mug:

I was planning on it. Step 1 of the starter doesn't much feel like cold crashing. This is a problem. Original idea was to decant, make a second step, decant and pitch. Now I'm contemplating hitting the non-decanted starter with more DME, letting it go for a day or 2, then pitching the whole thing.

Planned brew: Maibock with 2206. Any recommendations on go for it or hold back until next weekend please quote this.

This winter has really been messin' with my pipeline but I'm determined to get a double brew day in tomorrow.

The hell with the ice dams!

Cheers! ;)

Just finished 10 gallons of Flemish Pale Ale (a la Petrus Aged Pale). All the area homebrew clubs are getting together for our annual joint meeting, dubbed the Jam-Beer-ee. And then hauling ass an hour down the road in bad weather to judge a comp. And then brew again on Sunday, 5.5 gallons of a Session Kriek (ie low gravity sour, maybe 1.030, that I'll eventually rack onto sour cherries)

I'm brewing the Kiwi Express All Grain kit from Northern Brewer on Sunday. I almost forgot to make my yeast starter!

I'm attempting my first all grain tomorrow. Schlenkerla's Quaffable Irish Red recipe from the forum, adjusted for the unknowns and potential lack of efficiency on my first all grain attempt.

I'm into the second step of my mash with the addition of acidulated malt. Making my Steinpilz Gose (porcini mushroom). So far,so good. Despite the temp being exactly 32F right now, I think I have managed my mash temp pretty well...usually a struggle with BIAB.

Snowday = brewday! I'm doing a Belgian Blonde grist mashed at 156 for a repitch on ECY Dirty Dozen. I'll bottle a Kombucha batch if it's ready too.

PS. I can't wait to add the hops, "BOOM!".

Just ground the grains for my Mandarin Breeze Amber Ale. Will measure out the water tonight for an early morning start tomorrow!

Got 5.5 gallons of SN PA Clone fermenting away nicely. Just had to put on my blow-off tube as the krausen is THIS close to blowing out....

Steinpilz Gose...had to put the blow off tube on this morning!

IMG_20150222_112936854.jpg

It was a wild and crazy day yesterday, but my first all grain is in the primary in the fermentation box! Went pretty well overall, but took a lot longer than I expected. New burner wind shield really worked well and concentrated heat. Hose came off the chiller and sprayed water all over the garage floor (not in the wort) but I caught it quickly. Hit close to my numbers but its going to take a while to decode my notes!!

A good time was had by all with lots of homebrews and a couple of growlers of local craft brews :mug:

Planning on brewing a recreation of my first beer I ever brewed, with a few small adjustments.
Weening myself off partial mash brewing...this is the last one, I think. Unless I do another huge imp stout or barleywine, I might need the help.

Pretty excited!

Back