1st Timer from ATX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verbal

Reaction score
I just bottled my first home brew ever about 1 week ago. I bought my equipment setup from Midwest Supplies and all of my ingredients are from Austin Home Brew, a local home brewing store. I basically copied my recipe from Midwest's Copper Ale they had, but changed a few things to darken it up a tad bit. I hope it comes out okay, I tasted one a few days ago and it was carbonated and it didn't taste awful, there was something a little off about it. Hopefully it gets better in a few weeks. I also got my second batch brewing, A recipe I made up...uh oh. Well, I have learned a lot from this site, so hopefully eventually I can contribute back to it.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

Austin Home Brew is your LHBS? Lucky bugger. :) That 'off taste' is most likely just because the beer is still very green. Give it a few more weeks in the bottle and it will be excellent I'm sure!

I have been ordering from Austin Homebrew Supply for 2 years now while living in Florida and now Alabama. Was in Georgetown for Thanksgiving and took advantage of the close proximity to walk into AHS and buy some stuff in person. Good bunch of guys and great set-up they have.

Enjoy:mug:

Oh, They are real nice people. I love it there and about 10 minutes from my house too. Very helpful bunch indeed. I am glad to here that the off taste more then likely will subside in time, that is what I thought and hoped for. I got my second batch brewing already, a recipe I kind of created...well see what happens with that. I am also trying to decide what to do for my third, this home brewing is very addicting, I already bought a 2nd fermenter. I was thinking of either a kolsch or a porter/stout. Thanks for the nice replies.

Lots of Central Texans lately it seems! Very cool.

Welcome from your neighbor to the South.

Ahhh, yes. San Marcos, very close. Thanks for the welcome.

Back