Just received my first WHOLE LEAF hops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a Northern Brewer plant that has been at his house for YEARS and he normally harvests for no other reason than to harvest. He will occasionally make a tea from the hops, but other than that I dont think he has ever used these hops in his brewing. Well, he just brought be a big ol ziplock sack of these deliciously dried morsels of brewing perfection. Just in time too! I have a Fat Tire clone that calls for Northern Brewers in it and I think that tonight will be the night that I pop my whole hop cherry and substitute these hops for my pellets in this recipe!

IM EXCITED!!! (I cant stop smelling the bag!) LOL
-Me

IM EXCITED!!! (I cant stop smelling the bag!) LOL
-Me

Dude, thats really exciting! I planted Willamette this year and will be looking forward to using some fresh next year. The one thing I've read/experienced (with store purchased whole hops) is that whole hops soak up more water than pellets. Not something thats bothered me until I'm doing an IPA with whole hops. So probably won't make much different for you.
(Yeah yeah, cool story bro...)

Back