Milk Crates? Can't find em...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hukdizzle

Reaction score
Been searching the local retailers, can't find milk crates. Any leads on where to find em?

Hmm. Usually they show up in the plastic storage isle in places like Walmart, target, etc....

Target, Wal-Mart, etc...

Have similar in teh office supplies sections. Maybe find you local dairy distro.

Any other source is essentially thievery.

If you call them milk crates and try to find them you won't (unless you drive around the back of the store and load em in your car.) If you are looking to legally acquire "Plastic Storage Crates" they are usually in the office supply section...Sometimes they might be called file crates as well.

If you have a container store they sell them, they sell the real thing. The others i've purchased from wally world and the like i've always found them to be really flimsy.

If you have a container store they sell them, they sell the real thing. The others i've purchased from wally world and the like i've always found them to be really flimsy.

I agree the plastic storage crates that have a resemblance to milk crates are not as sturdy. I have carried a fermenter in them, as well as 25 bottles, but I was not comfortable with it and now have real milk crates (Previous house owner had set up a cubbyhole system on the garage wall with them)

OH I also was able to buy some on craigslist cheap, actually have the metal ones now as well as plastic.

I got a crap load from a Shell station around the corner from my house. The owner said he was about to trash them. I've also seen some out back of Walgreens. You might want to try there.

Like Bob said I got a whole slew of them from the 7-11 in town. I saw them one day and asked the manager and he said take as many as you need. They always have a bunch. You may just want to ask you local convenience that you frequent and see if you can get a couple.

I've been noticing them pile up behind nearly every store since the summer, more than in past years. I think with the price of diesel and the economy the way it is, picking them up is becoming less of a priority, and store owners are probably happy to get some of them out of there. It's probabyl cheaper to give them away than to get them picked up.

I got a question for everyone.... How come a lot of people on here get so worked up over unethically obtained kegs but don't care about milk crates. They are both stealing. Its the exact same thing.

I never said anything about stealing them...I believe I alluded to asking the store person in my post...

and store owners are probably happy to get some of them out of there. It's probabyl cheaper to give them away than to get them picked up.

People have thought/asked about going to a liquor store and asking but that was still illegal because they cant sell something that they do not own.

Back